NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Apparently today is also Farmers' Day hence the wheat. Now is all clear.

NSP

LE
No idea why the MPs are wearing heads of barley or wheat on their lapels or in the case of Starmer, stuck in his top pocket!
This ? Can't see significance of wheat ears
Isn't it harvest time so maybe Harvest Festival...?

Unusual for such overt support for anything remotely Christian from those in the public eye, however.

Edited to add: Farmer's Day seen. Again, unusual for politico's to be openly supportive, given how far down the CAP they've sold our agri' sector. Still, hypocrites will as hypocrites do...

I haven't been watching PMQs but have been listening to parts of it on Talk Radio. Angela Rayner, standing in for Keir Starmer, started off well and was much more listenable than her boring leader. She also asked some good questions. Boris' initial response, though polite, was stammering and waffling. He got a bit better after that though didn't have all the answers. Maybe he was distracted by her womanly charms.

Red Witch presenting her spin on the 'Presidential' debate, in fact going so far as to get her facts in a twist.

Richard Burgon, Labour MP for foul winds, then further expounds on his view of events. He had only been reading the reviews and viewing the excerpts provided by the BBC, as he spoke outright untruths. A hopeless case m'lud, 'twas ever thus.

Here comes the big action - no doubt the lack of clarity in the rule of 6 means you can't blame students (the cleverest in the land) partying in groups of 200. Who could possibly have encouraged this behaviour?.

Red Witch presenting her spin on the 'Presidential' debate, in fact going so far as to get her facts in a twist.

Richard Burgon, Labour MP for foul winds, then further expounds on his view of events. He had only been reading the reviews and viewing the excerpts provided by the BBC, as he spoke outright untruths. A hopeless case m'lud, 'twas ever thus.

Here comes the big action - no doubt the lack of clarity in the rule of 6 means you can't blame students (the cleverest in the land) partying in groups of 200. Who could possibly have encouraged this behaviour?.
Is Burgon still in the shadow cabinet?

Apparently today is also Farmers' Day hence the wheat. Now is all clear.

If they're trying to separate the wheat from the chaff, why was Keir Starmer allowed to wear one?

A better line-up today.

Caroline Flint on PL now - huuuuuuuge grey tinge to her hair, but also she's looking 20years younger.

Andrew Neil summarising US issues too.

PS - did I not mention JHB ?

I haven't watched Politics Live for ages. It seems I've been missing some good work by Andrew Neil. Guido posted his last few words on the show.

Words from Guido. Note the "fiery spat" link below where he eviscerates the SNP is particularly worth watching.

"Before going on air, Andrew Neil sadly reminded the world that his thoughts on the US election would be his last formal appearance on the BBC after previously announcing his departure for GB News. It was a not-unexpectedly unemotional affair, with Neil – after a fiery spat with the SNP’s Alyn Smith over poor children’s life chances in Scotland – merely parting with the quip he’s “enjoying his new freedom as well to say what I think.” So are we, Andrew…"

Andrew Neil Signs Off

Last edited:
Burgon giving it large on DP just now - rehashing all the old li(n)es about immigration and who initiated the so-called 'hostile environment'. A brief interruption after 15 secs meant he got another 2 minutes to wibble on. It was like one of the Just a Minute segments where he was struggling for new things to say, but the Red Witch just let him go on and on and on (bzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Burgon giving it large on DP just now - rehashing all the old li(n)es about immigration and who initiated the so-called 'hostile environment'. A brief interruption after 15 secs meant he got another 2 minutes to wibble on. It was like one of the Just a Minute segments where he was struggling for new things to say, but the Red Witch just let him go on and on and on (bzzzzzzzzzzzz)
Not only let him witter on but interrupted him to get him back on anti Boris track, then sat back with no interruptions!

What was the Speaker so annoyed about.

I know it was that prat Bryant, but he was spitting blood as he called to Bryant - Bryant had by now departed, so Labour Whip was advised to have words. When Bryant appeared by his side and tried to engage he was given a sharp 'Later, boy' type rebuke.

Both times he stopped PM mid-sentence to 'deal with' Bryant.

Sir Lindsay as Mr Angry - I hope he formally names Bryant, a convention much neglected in recent years

I know it was that prat Bryant, but he was spitting blood as he called to Bryant - Bryant had by now departed, so Labour Whip was advised to have words. When Bryant appeared by his side and tried to engage he was given a sharp 'Later, boy' type rebuke.

Sir Lindsay as Mr Angry - I hope he formally names Bryant, a convention much neglected in recent years
I like the angry Hoyle. He can do proper angry, unlike his pathetic, foot stomping Poison Dwarf predecessor.

Labour MP Chris Bryant 'told Speaker Lindsay Hoyle to 'f*** off' in Commons spat'

Latest Threads