NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

Andrew Marr interviewing Rachael Reeves, Labour MP and after asking a question just allowing her to go off on Party position without going anywhere near answering the question. No real interruption just spluttering in the background then finished off with "good clear answers" - yes, but not to your questions!
I did like Wee Nippy's remark about political point scoring from Westminster. Not a problem when she does it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I did like Wee Nippy's remark about political point scoring from Westminster. Not a problem when she does it.
I'm afraid hypocrisy and Nicola are old bedfellows!

A once decent Sunday morning politically flavoured programme that has been destroyed by the relentless agenda driven BBC. At the same time as they are edging out Andrew Neill, they allow this travesty of a show (and Question Time) to carry on, both relying on former reputations to draw viewers in.
Marr is now on a summer break - is it too much to ask that he is allowed to extend that break indefinitely?

Marr is so lame (oops) when facing these 'Diplomats'. Starts with his series of questions made has no follow-ups.

Don't think either the Chink/Russki tore him up, they just went into full denial/you don't understand mode.

Made oi larrf when Marr was using Trump's words to get at them. Oh, the irony. Oh, the hypocrisy. Oh, the Marr Show.

NSP

LE
PMQs has done little this week other to reinforce my view that we currently have a very lacklustre set of opposition parties' leaders across the board.

elovabloke

ADC
An appeal for volunteers for AT EASE for this website has not been allowed as inappropriate or spam. Why is that? Any veterans interested please email info@atease.org.UK
Gwyn

Become a member of COBSO and you might get a look in but until then please seek permission from the site owners if you wish advertise. I appreciate you may be a genuine organisation but we have no way of checking this.

Become a member of COBSO and you might get a look in but until then please seek permission from the site owners if you wish advertise. I appreciate you may be a genuine organisation but we have no way of checking this.

It's anti-military, uses malapropisms and other rubbishy language, and is generally naff. Looked at their web site.

A once decent Sunday morning politically flavoured programme that has been destroyed by the relentless agenda driven BBC. At the same time as they are edging out Andrew Neill, they allow this travesty of a show (and Question Time) to carry on, both relying on former reputations to draw viewers in.
Marr is now on a summer break - is it too much to ask that he is allowed to extend that break indefinitely?
Published by: Breaking Brexit News, BRITANNIA NEWS, on Facebook, on 22 August 2020.

Andrew Neil and Nigel Farage are set to head up a brand new News Channel “GB News” in the new year to rival the Bias BBC and Sky News.

Last night we asked the question “Do Sky News produce a balanced view when reporting on political news stories?”. The result was a resounding no !

The reason for asking this question was to gauge opinion on the claims made that there is a hunger for a new media entity in the UK to level up against the left-wing bias media.

For too long have we in this country been dictated to by the left-wing woke media who go after anyone who isn’t apart of their group-think. For many years we’ve been fed negative fake news, but now there is light at the end of this tunnel.

Yesterday it was reported by the SUN writer that a new media entity was on the horizon that will be tackling the BBC and Sky News head-on. Not only that, but Andrew Neil and Nigel Farage would also head it up.

On twitter, Kelvin Mackenzie wrote “Hear that Discovery (alongside a £20million investment from Murdoch) are launching a TV news station in the New Year called GB News. Andrew Neil and Nigel Farage due to sign. Taking on the quite dreadful Sky News. More people see my rear end than watch Kay Burley at breakfast.”

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab Kelvin MacKenzie @kelvmackenzie
Hear that Discovery (alongside a £20million investment from Murdoch) are launching a TV news station in the New Year called GB News.Andrew Neil and Nigel Farage due to sign. Taking on the quite dreadful Sky News. More people see my rear end than watch Kay Burley at breakfast.
10:49 AM · Aug 21, 2020

Other than a few homegrown media outlets, no MSM channels have spoken of this big announcement. I wonder why?

Do you have an opinion about this? Have your say in the box below ( . . . . follow link).

1598302260769.png

Watching the first PMQs after the recess. My initial thoughts:
Not sure Boris has fully rediscovered his mojo yet - Starmer (Captain Hindsight according to Boris!) has the personality of a dead fish and appears very chippy today.
Good intervention by the Speaker just now - thank goodness at least that Bercow is no longer able to obstruct and strut his stuff.
ETA - Blackford remains a one-eyed waffling bag of piss and wind!

Last edited:
In last few minutes the BBC fact checkers concluded that Sir K had previously said that children should go back to school. Red Queen said 'so there, Boris', and their head correspondent said 'so very there Boris'

They had even quoted him on LBC in July saying some schools are ready, and hopes for all to go back in September - very much NOT the same thing.

Latin please for who fact-checks the fact-checkers

Anyone know what Elgin Sparrowhawk's point of order was about at the end of PMQs?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Watching PMQs today and on the benches the MPs are following separation guidelines; but in the doorway and behind the Speaker's chair they are just standing beside each other, touching and speaking into each others ears, presumably do they don't interrupt the proceedings. Not a good example by the non sitting MPs.

No idea why the MPs are wearing heads of barley or wheat on their lapels or in the case of Starmer, stuck in his top pocket!

Watching PMQs today and on the benches the MPs are following separation guidelines; but in the doorway and behind the Speaker's chair they are just standing beside each other, touching and speaking into each others ears, presumably do they don't interrupt the proceedings. Not a good example by the non sitting MPs.

No idea why the MPs are wearing heads of barley or wheat on their lapels or in the case of Starmer, stuck in his top pocket!

Support for British farmers

Latest Threads