NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Strange, now that Marr has a Tory minister on his show, that the questioning becomes hectoring, interrupting and pushing for an answer to questions to fill his agenda. Indeed he has just answered his own question.

Shapp said he agreed to come on and talk about transport not Cummung yet no questions about transport yet.

Marr is a cnut!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Shapp is doing well putting Marr in his place and showing Marr up for the cnut he is. I doubt I would remain as polite as Shapp when confronted by Marr in this way. Marr is taking every single word said previously and throwing them at Shapp who is batting back neatly.

Credit to Schapps, who has remained calm and polite throughout this disgrace of an interview - “As Transport Minister, which is what I thought I came on the programme for”.
There is something particularly unattractive about a snarling leftie with an agenda - yes, you Marr.
Edited to add: I’m not defending Cummings’ actions by the way.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well done Grant Shapp. Dealt with Marr very well. Not one thing from Marr about anything happening at all, just a constant whine about Cummings. Certainly not journalism, just political hatchet job.

I am no Tory boy, I was one of Thatcher's three million back in the eighties. But the blatant anti government bias is now so obvious, Stevie Wonder could see it. At least Ch4 are open about their bias.

Politics England in the NW is now pushing the Cummings saga. The presenter is trying to get a doctor to join the witch hunt. Good on her for not rising to it. Roger Johnson (presenter) has gone down a bit in my estimations. The Labour MP, of course, was on message.

I have been watching the Andrew Marr show and I don't think I have seen him do happy and bubbly for a long time! I wonder why that would be.

His forensic questioning of the editor of the Guardian (I think it was) was a master class on how to give your mates an easy time and let them say what they want and prompting whrn they miss out a bit of the story!

:eek:
Yesterday, more than ever before, I thought: ‘you have a face that longs to be punched’.

Here's the actual words of the actual Labour MP, Claudia Webbe (Leicester East), who actually asked the clearly loaded question, packed full of accusation, inference and implication:-

Corbynista.
Transplanted from Islington Council by Magic Grandpa’s crew into Leicester - who tried hard to keep their local person in position.
The Kremlin insisted.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bit of an insult to Brillo just giving him a guest appearance after PMQs.

Also a kick in the teeth to St Nicola who likes to have her O Group at the same time when she lectures Scotland in what to do. A call that seems to be promptly ignored by many, especially late teens to 20s.

Politics Live - another opportunity to rehash Cumgate.

When is Newswatch returning?
Had to think about that for a moment but got there in the end. ;) ETA, Jo brought the topic up at 11:40 with Andrea Leadsom and Caroline Noakes. Andrea received 1100 letters from constituents complaining about Cummings and 100 supporting him. Jo tried to get Andrea to say whether she thought he should have resigned but Andrea said wasn't going to be drawn on that. She did say that those who make the rules should abide by them.

A fair amount of time was debating return to HoC, queuing and the impact on MPs who cannot attend.
Coronavirus - Andrea vs Labour MP. Andrea not impressed with Labour's talk of co-operation followed by criticism but lack of helpful suggestions. Boris has just mentioned a phone call with Starmer. Sounds like Starmer says one thing on the phone then another at HoC. He now says he sent a letter to PM in private but will now publish it so public can make their own minds up.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PMQs starting after two weeks or so! Should be fun.

As ever BBC missed the start wasting time talking to Studio heads.

Blackford associating PM with Trump and suggests America heading towards an autocracy. PM supports right for lawful protest. Blackford seems unhappy about UK selling riot gear to US. I wonder if Blackford supports Antifa, violence, looting and arson?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Blackford associating PM with Trump and suggests America heading towards an autocracy. PM supports right for lawful protest. Blackford seems unhappy about UK selling riot gear to US. I wonder if Blackford supports Antifa, violence, looting and arson?
Fattie moans about Westminster 'interference' in Scotland yet wants Boris to interfere with US politics.

Fattie moans about Westminster 'interference' in Scotland yet wants Boris to interfere with US politics.
Jo Coburn asked Phillipa Whitford about Covid testing figures in Scotland. Part of the problem was the lack of forwarding of data by NHS and the situation in care homes. Who manages NHS and care homes in Scotland? Why did Jo let her off with that? Why is the situation so different in Scotland?

Not much comment on today’s PMQs on here. Why?

Latest Threads