NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

On the Speaker, how wonderful to see this undemonstrative man, with his rich North-west Lancashire accent.

The other horrible little squirt is now – thankfully – a forgotten figure already.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Blackford.

Brexit.

Barnier.

Crisis.

Yawn.
And he sits there looking smug and self important whereas he is just a numpty. Still keeps him happy :rolleyes:

Very sweet put down of Ed Davey there, accompanied by a surprising amount of laughter from the small number of members present.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Very sweet put down of Ed Davey there, accompanied by a surprising amount of laughter from the small number of members present.
And probably a lot more from MPs not in attendance! I wonder though, just how many MPs actually tune in to PMQs now they are virtually virtual. Usually PMQs packs the chamber because these numpties want to be seen by their constituents jumping up and down trying to get on to, the already chosen, list of questioners. Now they can't be seen by their constituents are they just on the couch watching back editions of Corry or EastEnders?

And probably a lot more from MPs not in attendance! I wonder though, just how many MPs actually tune in to PMQs now they are virtually virtual. Usually PMQs packs the chamber because these numpties want to be seen by their constituents jumping up and down trying to get on to, the already chosen, list of questioners. Now they can't be seen by their constituents are they just on the couch watching back editions of Corry or EastEnders?
I suspect that's why most members have been against electronic voting, rather than the ineffective trials in recent weeks

A lot more entertaining now that the opposition bench has a coherent and competent leader to speak. The days of Corbyn’s incompetence are gone.

A lot more entertaining now that the opposition bench has a coherent and competent leader to speak. The days of Corbyn’s incompetence are gone.
I agree in principle with what you say, but there is no way Starmer can be classed as entertaining!

I agree in principle with what you say, but there is no way Starmer can be classed as entertaining!
I’m not interested in a crowd pleasing showman, someone who is across the detail and appears competent will do.

I’m not interested in a crowd pleasing showman, someone who is across the detail and appears competent will do.
So why is it more entertaining? I don’t see Boris squirming if that’s what you mean.

NSP

LE
PMQs - first question: "COVID-19 is in fact racist as black people are four times more likely to die from it. What's the PM going to do about it?"

"Issue anyone who isn't paler than a pale thing extra Vit.D to counter the naturally weaker immune systems that not synthesising Vit.D so efficiently due to having dark skin - an actual fact - and encourage those people to follow lockdown rules instead of doing what they've been seen doing on the news and congregating on street corners and at those outdoor gym things, etc., you silly woman!" the PM did not say.

A global crisis and these hate-fuelled pillocks can't do anything but try to score a cheap political point at every opportunity. Why do we keep electing these fools...?!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Disappointed with Starmer. He made a very good and forensic questioning of Boris re Covid, tracing and other issues. Not one mention from him about Brexit and the reported issues with the EU stance. He pointed out that there are no PMQs for two weeks which takes us in to June, when an agreement with the EU is supposed to be reached. I would have thought this would be on his mind as the future of the UK is at stake.

Lammy auditioning for a job in the Oil industry - doing the old nodding donkey like there's no tomorrow as Keir Smarmer bores on.

Speaker upbraiding Hancock was well done.

I (seriously) believe he will kick someone out and that people will learn how he is to run things. The point about lots of other members ready to attend was well made.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Speaker upbraiding Hancock was well done.

I (seriously) believe he will kick someone out and that people will learn how he is to run things. The point about lots of other members ready to attend was well made.
Yes, I liked that also, along with his statement yesterday that he would allow Urgent Questions if Ministers don't answer questions properly and fully.

Showing that he is his own man, which is good.

Latest Threads