NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

From what @exbleep told us, an I see no reason to doubt him, the ex-pat community is happy to stay where they are in the main. I think this is more about Brits who are travelling/ holidaying/ working in foreign climes and who now can't get home.
One of my cousins is in Spain- she’s staying put- in any case her UK residence is rented out, and the other is in France- after 30 years in the Met, he’s in no rush to return here.

Another hysterical female ( anyone see Caroline Lucas yesterday?) MP ranting away - she should have stayed in Coronation Street.

Jezza wanting all non-emergency building work to stop - I take it his house extension has been completed.

Another hysterical female ( anyone see Caroline Lucas yesterday?) MP ranting away - she should have stayed in Coronation Street.
If Boris makes a decent fist of dealing with this, there's going to be a shed load of these harpies asking for their old jobs back.

Jeremy - "this is not the time for levity". Like he has ever been renowned for his stand up comedy routine! :grin:

Corbyn mentions the thousands of people leading a “hand to mouth existence.” He should be telling them that they shouldn’t be touching their faces :).
The po-faced buffoon also said “this is no time for levity.” Actually it’s a perfect time for levity- not least at the expense of his ridiculous posturing- his demands that the PM gets things done quickly... yet also makes himself available to be held to account in Parliament at the drop of a hat.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Can Fatty Blackford not ask a question without a half hour pre-question speech!

To be fair to Blackford, I have to say, his two supplementary questions were very well made and presented in a dignified manner. Strange times indeed. I'm not holding my breath this heralds a new style of Politics!

Weatherspoons are bullying their staff into going to work? Really? Aren't they all shut?
Yes they're shut and Tim Weatherspoon has been castigated in some of the media for telling them to go work for supermarkets. What he actually said was it's their choice to sit at home or go work in a supermarket, when business starts up again they'll be on the priority list for re employment in his company.
Clickbait time.

Medals for all NHS staff hoorah!
Doctors surgeries closed or on restricted hours. Local pharmacies on reduced hours. Our lasses latest psychiatric assessment done over the phone.

Meanwhile the same staff in Sainsbury's, Aldi, Lidl, etc., staying open and serving people at all hours. Give them the bloody medal instead.

Medals for all NHS staff hoorah!
On reflection, not only medals, but on the next available Remembrance parade the NHS should lead followed by all the other groups who helped with the first military group being the RMAC, QARANCs.Navy Nurses and the men who supplied the services.

On reflection, not only medals, but on the next available Remembrance parade the NHS should lead followed by all the other groups who helped with the first military group being the RMAC, QARANCs.Navy Nurses and the men who supplied the services.
A bit of remedial drill may be necessary ?

After the meeja, of course

A bit of remedial drill may be necessary ?
I once had to stand at general salute outside Harrods. Worse than a month in the cooler for a 'Jacket' - but I did get to wink at Princess Alexandra................and ahe smiled straight back at me! The drill was rubbish and that was after we had a practice.

Latest Threads