NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

Labour shown up as irrelevant. SNP shown up as incompetent. Lib Dems shown up as complaining about a government they were part of. SDP too small but interesting to keep up with Patrick O'Flynn's opinions. TBP marking time, until and unless they feel the need to challenge gov't over Brexit implementation. Greens are fiscally incompetent with wealthy leaders but fawning over stoned communism. It may take some time for things to shake out and for a competent and responsible opposition to emerge.
But, but, what about Change UK?! They could make a comeback. :smile:

Last edited:
I take it that was Fatty Blackford you are referring to? If so he needs to ask the very same questions of the Party that has controlled the Scottish economy for nearly a decade and a half, and ruined it.
Blackford showed his contempt for the conventions and traditions of parliament by continually addressing the PM directly instead of through the Speaker as everybody else does. He is a despicable person.

Speakers problem and he should have dealt with it then.
True, he should have but Blackford shouldn't have done it in the first place, he's supposed to act statesmanlike as a politician. This is why I have more respect for people like Hilary Benn. I don't like his politics but he knows how to behave.

No mention of the personal allowance rate changing, the only real disappointment

An economist speaking with Nigel Farage gave Rishi 9/10. Nigel was impressed with his performance and says he did about as much as he could have re coronavirus.

Andrew Neil will be discussing the budget and how the Gov't is dealing with coronavirus at 7pm on BBC2.

No mention of the personal allowance rate changing, the only real disappointment
I'm more pi55ed off that interest rates have fallen yet again where there's little to show it's needed. A very short term measure IMO, enable more easy borrowing so the banks get more interest, which they will lend rather than invest in us savers. Savers are a longer term issue, for when the banks actually need money to invest rather than recoup the money they've lost, unfortunately for them and the country there won't be any savings to invest which will make any financial market crash much worse.

A good thing IMO was the shelving of business rates for retail, hospitality and ;iesure sectors, now that's something that could help businesses if the Corona virus gets any worse than it is already and stops tourism in it's tracks. I'm unsure if the Scottish government has similar plans as tourism is huge up here, they might though now they've been prompted by the UK Chancellor :rolleyes:

Andrew Neil will be discussing the budget and how the Gov't is dealing with coronavirus at 7pm on BBC2.
I hope the Budget gets a fair hearing and the BBC invite some intelligent beasts from the left to critique where applicable. It will be a pointless exercise having someone like Owen Jones or Ash Sharker screaming “it’s so unfair”, stomping their feet and adding no value whatsoever.

I hope the Budget gets a fair hearing and the BBC invite some intelligent beasts from the left to critique where applicable. It will be a pointless exercise having someone like Owen Jones or Ash Sharker screaming “it’s so unfair”, stomping their feet and adding no value whatsoever.
Iain Dale is worried about the vast amount of borrowing in the budget. Nigel Farage would normally be against it but in these exceptional circumstances and with cheap borrowing he agrees with it but doesn't think it will prevent hardships. Laura K on just now. Shadow chancellor appearing on Andrews show too...

John McDonnell on Andrew Marr just now:
“We’ve pulled the Tories to the Centre Ground, where we are”.
:rofl: :rofl:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Does he not hear the groans from MP's when he stands up at PMQs? And probably some from his own party.
He can't hear them for the creaks and groans from his own joints!

Good to see MPs keeping their distance from each other during PMQ'S except of course dawn butler sitting right next to Corbyn

Butler is the stupid man's carer, and must be ready to mop up any fluids accidentally deposited on the green leather.

I've never seen such a weak performance by Corbyn. He asked the most obviously irrelevant (political) questions, dredged from the bottom of the barrel, and received sensible replies from Johnson, who is certainly showing his mettle.

Latest Threads