NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

The attitude and past behaviour, of both Ken Clarke, and Phil Hammond, will again be of particular concern, once the UK is - inevitably - heading for a (hoped for) “Hard BREXIT” . . . under WTO terms/rules.
Whereas I agree Hammond & Clarke deserve no more than a kick up the Arrse, really?

Whereas I agree Hammond & Clarke deserve no more than a kick up the Arrse . . . really?
YES!

Any extention to the eleven months negotiating period, has to be decided upon/requested by this summer (JUN/JUL?).

They will not/can not, negotiate everything before 31DEC2020, never mind this summer.

Regardless, we have been told that there will NO EXTENSION, beyond 31DEC2020.

Whatever may be discussed/agreed by 31DEC2020, means everything else HAS TO default to WTO terms/rules.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
YES!

Any extention to the eleven months negotiating period, has to be decided upon/requested by this summer (JUN/JUL?).

They will not/can not, negotiate everything before 31DEC2020, never mind this summer.

Regardless, we have been told that there will NO EXTENSION, beyond 31DEC2020.

Whatever may be discussed/agreed by 31DEC2020, means everything else HAS TO default to WTO terms/rules.
I thought it had been written into law that there would be no extension ergo the July date is now redundant. All agreements by 31/12/2020 or off to WTO.

As it looks as though BoJo is lining up for WTO rules I think his decision is already made and can only be changed by a huge shift in EU negotiations.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Russel-Moyle on Daily Politicstoday is one ignorant prat, typical Labour drone shouting over everyone.
He always does that and gets away with it! It is almost as though the presenters are scared 'cos he is gay innt! The man is a tube.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PMQs and Blackford (SNP) got through his mini rants, that we are becoming used to, without once mentioning "INDEPENDENCE". Is this a record and will it be entered in the Guinness Book of Records!?

Jeremy once again completely misreading the mood of the country at PMQs. Most right thinking people are absolutely delighted to see the deportation of criminal scum, irrespective of their race. Stop trying to make out the Government is racist and uncaring you cretin. Time to leave the stage, you are an embarrassment.

I thought it had been written into law that there would be no extension ergo the July date is now redundant. All agreements by 31/12/2020 or off to WTO.

As it looks as though BoJo is lining up for WTO rules I think his decision is already made and can only be changed by a huge shift in EU negotiations.
Providing Boris can control his own traitors and hold his nerve the EU will have to cave - the reason I say that so confidently is the financial and political situation in many European countries means that they literally can't afford to not have a deal in place.

Yesterday, Merkhels annointed successor AKK stood down because the CDU party politicians want to cave into the inevitable and forge closer links to the surging AfD and she refused - this leaves the ruling party in a very bad place and Merkhel is extremely weak. We all know that Macron is on a knife edge already with his voting population and his attempt to play the big man wont go down well when French farmers etc dont get a deal. The smaller countries such as Belgium and Holland also need a deal and Varadkar has been caught out in Ireland.

The new incredibly incompetent EU president will be under ever increasing massive pressure and also Barnier will come under personal attack for the first time from the member states. If our side could only open their eyes and see the strong position we are in, hold their nerve and not panic then we will do well. It wouldnt hurt for BoJo to jack up a few prospective trade deals with Austrailia/USA etc either!

NSP

LE
Jeremy once again completely misreading the mood of the country at PMQs. Most right thinking people are absolutely delighted to see the deportation of criminal scum, irrespective of their race. Stop trying to make out the Government is racist and uncaring you cretin. Time to leave the stage, you are an embarrassment.
I was disappointed that Boris didn't take the opportunity to remind everyone of the figures read out by the minister at the time the Windrush scandal broke, in which it was shown that around half the deportations occurred before mid-2010 (i.e. it was a Labour policy), and that we also deport far more EU criminals than non-EU (i.e. more white people are deported than BAME) yet Jezza's mob are conspicuously silent about them, thus further entrenching the view that Labour are deeply racist as a party.

NSP

LE
It wouldnt hurt for BoJo to jack up a few prospective trade deals with Austrailia/USA etc either!
He's on a sticky wicket with the US over Huawei at the moment so don't hold your breath!

Sienna Rodgers from Labour List on Politics Live. Surprisingly reasonable, and should double up with Kate Andrews for reasonable and erudite debate. **

Also they're much cuter than Pierce and that other berk who rants with him.

** and other 'sports'.

Last edited:
Describing Laura Pidcock as a 'rising star' made me laff. The same Laura Pidcock who got her arrse kicked in a Labour constituency? That one?
The same Laura Pidcock who refused to speak to Conservative MPs when she was in the House of Commons.

He's on a sticky wicket with the US over Huawei at the moment so don't hold your breath!
Dominic Raab officially started a trade deal with Australia yesterday and he and his Australian counterpart put out a joint press statement which obviously our Remain Stream media barely covered.

I'm not worried about the USA - a deal will still be done, business is business - it may not include security stuff but Huawei doesnt impact on cars or handbags.

The UK was famously called 'Treasure Island' by the rest of the world before Blair/Brown destroyed our economy - we are an incredible market for many countries around the world because we always pay top dollar for their goods allowing them to sell their stuff cheaper in other countries! - never understood why that was the case but you can buy a Ford Focus cheaper in Belgium than you can do the UK.

If we plan to go with WTO they really have no power in the negotiations, rather the opposite of what the EU was used to with Theresa May and Olly 'Grima Wormtongue' Robbins

Perhaps he's just waiting for the penny to drop with the EU that there bluff has been called

Where's it gone?! WHY?!

Plenty to talk about . . Cabinet reshuffle . . SPADS . . Dominic Cummings . .

Who has upset whom?! :( .

Latest Threads