NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

The ginger beard Labour MP (supporting Long Bailey) is a prime example of why they were hammered in December.
Oddly enough he has moments on some shows where he makes some sense at least part of the time. He alluded to an emotional reaction to some booing. That may be a big part of his problem. Jack McConnell dropped a hint there about the need to recognise a joke and to lighten up.
Reminded me of a dark haired Oakeshott. Very impressed (on many levels)!
They are quite different characters though and she is at an earlier part of her career than Isobel but developing nicely.

I hope Madeline Grant continues regular appearances. Brains and beauty are a very attractive combination.
Reminded me of a dark haired Oakeshott. Very impressed (on many levels)!
Yes . . . Although I do get the impression she is frequently a little nervous, and lacking in self confidence?

1578582272128.png
1578582291181.png

I am sure that many of us would volunteer to do whatever would be required, to boost her self-confidence!! ;) .

Last edited:
I like Gloria Di Piero.

Sensible. Articulate. Pleasing on the eye ;) .
I was thinking much the same. She supports Lisa Nandy, expresses party loyalty and is firmly anchored to traditional Labour values but not the barking mad hard left anti-British values of Corbyn & Co.

What a pleasant change from all the rabid hard left communists that have been perpetually guesting on BBC political shows in the past few years.

Currently watching PMQs. Christ, Corbyn is an irritating, one trick Pony. The sooner he heads off to the obscurity of the back benches, the better. Boris needs to be challenged properly at the dispatch box and Corbyn isn’t up to it.
Toe-curling.
Blackford next up. No prizes for guessing his line of questioning?

NSP

LE
I got the impression that Corbyn hasn't learned from the election and is still droning on about shite, got thoroughly slapped about by Boris (I think he even said, "Change the record," at the end, didn't he? Or was that said to Blackford?) and Blackford not only got his arse handed to him but had a new hole torn in it, too.

I got the impression that Corbyn hasn't learned from the election and is still droning on about shite, got thoroughly slapped about by Boris (I think he even said, "Change the record," at the end, didn't he? Or was that said to Blackford?) and Blackford not only got his arse handed to him but had a new hole torn in it, too.
Change the record was addressed to Blackford, who used all of his questions to drone on about Scottish Independence. Boris reminded him of the SNPs abysmal record up North and suggested they should accept the ‘once in a lifetime’ Referendum they have already had and concentrate on sorting out their own problems. Arse duly handed to the bag of piss and wind!

Blackford next up. No prizes for guessing his line of questioning?
Everything is the fault of Thatcher, Brexit and Tory Austerity and can only be solved by Scotland becoming independent and joining the EU?

Everything is the fault of Thatcher, Brexit and Tory Austerity and can only be solved by Scotland becoming independent and joining the EU?
Bingo!

Boris did conclude exchange with Corbyn, that Corbyn wants to persevere with manifesto (ref NHS), that electorate rejected ;) .

NSP

LE
Change the record was addressed to Blackford, who used all of his questions to drone on about Scottish Independence. Boris reminded him of the SNPs abysmal record up North and suggested they should accept the ‘once in a lifetime’ Referendum they have already had and concentrate on sorting out their own problems. Arse duly handed to the bag of piss and wind!
Ta. I only had half an ear on it was I was doing the washing-up at the time.

NSP

LE
What Nippy, Blackford, et al don't realise when they drone on about how the "Scottish people" [implied as being all of them] yearn for the right to self-determine is that a few years ago they gave that right to the Scottish people and were told to get tae f***.

If they really want to break away then they should give that right to the whole UK electorate. They'd get a "yes" result by a landslide.

Didn't realise Labour election performance, would be reflected in quite so many empty places on the(ir) opposition benches! ;) .

Will need to Google the Baroness Blackwood !!

Seems competent, but inclined to talk-over others :( .

Edit: She just said she has "a rare disease" ?!

Chronic migraines, needing 32 injections in her head every 11-12 weeks :( .

Last edited:
What Nippy, Blackford, et al don't realise when they drone on about how the "Scottish people" [implied as being all of them] yearn for the right to self-determine is that a few years ago they gave that right to the Scottish people and were told to get tae f***.

If they really want to break away then they should give that right to the whole UK electorate. They'd get a "yes" result by a landslide.
I am sick to death of hearing wee nippy and Blackford blame every problem in Scotland on Westminster and the English in general. I know which way I would vote.

Will need to Google the Baroness Blackford !!

Seems competent, but inclined to talk-over others :( .

Edit: She just said she has "a rare disease" ?!
Yet another failed Politician (lost Oxford to Layla Moran for goodness sake!), ennobled and ‘elevated’ to the HoL. I suspect she was nominated by PMTM, but not clear on Wiki. She seemed to be quite chippy on the Politics show this morning - maybe she had one of her migraines!

I am sick to death of hearing wee nippy and Blackford blame every problem in Scotland on Westminster and the English in general. I know which way I would vote.
Snap - the sheer cheek of them constantly side sliping the blame of their own policies and ineffectual governance is breath taking. I for one actually wish Holyrood doesnt exist with the current crop of wasters and useless wnakers that inhabit it.

Whichever Govt eventually succeeds the SNP are going to be in a World of Pain trying to clear the debts, balance the books and address the many many failings of the whole range of Schooling, Policing, other depts through to the NHS.

Sadly, just like Labour (Brown/Blair) before them they are going to leave the new Govt with 'theres no money left' and savage spending cuts will be the only way to try to claw it back - we're already getting taxed more than the RoUK. Anyone dreaming of the EU taking on the financial basket case of Scotland is sadly mistaken - especially when the eurozone is in such poor state

NSP

LE
They seem to have forgotten that it is their party running Scotland, not Westminster or indeed "the Tory scum."

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Blackford got his Arrse handed to him on a plate by Boris today at PMQs - and a wonderful sight it was too. Blackford does indeed need to change the record - or at least ask his Party Leader to improve her record in Scotland before trying for IndyRef2

Latest Threads