NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

I missed the first ten minutes. AN to Andy MacDonald (in Middlesbrough) re Anti-Semitism. AMcD says it's a lengthy document and he has started reading it.

Sian Berry for the Greens was a guest in the studio. Andrew tackled her on the Greens ten year plan and their choosing to ignore the IPCC. No gas heating. No petrol or diesel cars. Massive reduction in flying. Andrew points out whatever we do China will more than compensate for it, so Greens are in favour of crippling the economy for no impact as it doesn't address what China is doing. "Have you worked out how much you would add to food prices?" AN says Greens are essentially a bourgeois party. Bingo! He points out their proposed subsidies for the middle classes and no benefits for the working classes.

Con/Lab Swingometer with Jeremy Vine re what Labour would need to gain. A brief update from John Curtis. First of the closing polls gives Conservatives +10% Country still divided down the middle on Brexit but leave/remain G.E. voting intentions are not even. Conservative stronger among remain voters.

Andrew predicts The Brexit Party won't win any seats. Ben says we will have to wait and see. Andrew says after the G.E. it is proposed to reform TBP as the Reform Party. NF to be warm up act for Trump.

AN says the Conservatives were asked but "didn't want" to put anybody on the show, as opposed to not having anyone available.

Heseltine appalled by prospect of Brexit. Refuses to discuss personalities but says Corbyn's policies would be catastrophic. AN asks which would he prefer, Brexit or a Corbyn led government? Heseltine says both would be disasters, so it's a matter of which would take longer to recover from. In his opinion Corbyn would take less time to recover from. (He never wanted a woman PM and I think he resented Maggie T).

At the Conservative Rally, PMBJ will stick with his message, Get Brexit done.

Last edited:
I missed the first ten minutes. AN to Andy MacDonald (in Middlesbrough) re Anti-Semitism. AMcD says it's a lengthy document and he has started reading it.

Sian Berry for the Greens was a guest in the studio. Andrew tackled her on the Greens ten year plan and their choosing to ignore the IPCC. No gas heating. No petrol or diesel cars. Massive reduction in flying. Andrew points out whatever we do China will more than compensate for it, so Greens are in favour of crippling the economy for no impact as it doesn't address what China is doing. "Have you worked out how much you would add to food prices?" AN says Greens are essentially a bourgeois party. Bingo! He points out their proposed subsidies for the middle classes and no benefits for the working classes.

Con/Lab Swingometer with Jeremy Vine re what Labour would need to gain. A brief update from John Curtis. First of the closing polls gives Conservatives +10% Country still divided down the middle on Brexit but leave/remain G.E. voting intentions are not even. Conservative stronger among remain voters.

Andrew predicts The Brexit Party won't win any seats. Ben says we will have to wait and see. Andrew says after the G.E. it is proposed to reform TBP as the Reform Party. NF to be warm up act for Trump.

AN says the Conservatives were asked but "didn't want" to put anybody on the show, as opposed to not having anyone available.

Heseltine appalled by prospect of Brexit. Refuses to discuss personalities but says Corbyn's policies would be catastrophic. AN asks which would he prefer, Brexit or a Corbyn led government? Heseltine says both would be disasters, so it's a matter of which would take longer to recover from. In his opinion Corbyn would take less time to recover from. (He never wanted a woman PM and I think he resented Maggie T).

At the Conservative Rally, PMBJ will stick with his message, Get Brexit done.
Mr. Farage's initials are quite unfortunate, aren't they?
That Berry woman, and the greens in general, really get on my wick. The way she just sits there with that stupid, smug, patronising grin on her face. It was good to see Brillo pull her to bits.

Last edited:
Mr. Farage's initials are quite unfortunate, aren't they?
That Berry woman, and the greens in general, really get on my wick. The way she just sits there with that stupid, smug, patronising grin on her face. It was good to see Brillo pull her to bits.
I'm not saying she's on anything, she just has that smoky voice and wants to legalise weed. Her policies would be up in smoke anyway. What is she doing personally for the environment? At least I make an effort instead of telling people what they should do about it and doing nothing myself.

Luckily for all of us, the greens have absolutely zero chance of getting into government.
If they did though, would they have a joint PM?
They've got two leaders coz they couldn't decide who should be in charge.

Catching up with Politics Live. Conservative MP Ben Bradley, former Labour MP Jenny Chapman, Jason Cowley of the New Statesman and Camilla Tominey of the Telegraph. This was much more sane and balanced than of late.
Jason's paper may be left leaning as he said but it did not approve of a Corbyn government which it considered would be disastrous. Jason was very good with his analysis during the show. Jenny knows labour have issues but didn't agree that the framework needs to change or that a Kinnock like purge of the extremists is required.

Caught up with the return of Parliament. Much, much more civil than usual and generally more positive. Unanimous approval I think for the new speaker, Lyndsay Hoyle. Boris remarked on the improved atmosphere.
Blackford uncharacteristically brief.

Last edited:
Caught up with the return of Parliament. Much, much more civil than usual and generally more positive. Unanimous approval I think for the new speaker, Lyndsay Hoyle. Boris remarked on the improved atmosphere. Blackford uncharacteristically brief.
Long enough to laud the previous Speaker's even-handedness (sic) [sick joke]

After the last couple of weeks, unstructured hiatus that was/is the “festive season”, glad to see the programme “Daily Politics” back yesterday lunch time.

Back to "normal" !!

All is well with the world, and the Earth again continues to spin on its axis :) .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
After the last couple of weeks, unstructured hiatus that was/is the “festive season”, glad to see the programme “Daily Politics” back yesterday lunch time.

Back to "normal" !!

All is well with the world, and the Earth again continues to spin on its axis :) .
And no Jo Coburn. The young man on today, Adam Fleming, and yesterday asks a question then leaves the panelists to answer. Very refreshing.

NSP

LE
And no Jo Coburn. The young man on today, Adam Fleming, and yesterday asks a question then leaves the panelists to answer. Very refreshing.
He'll learn soon enough.

AF has sat in on a couple of occasions, and is so much better than the red witch.

Generally, he has been their go-to Brexit man in Brussels and he has been a pragmatic reporter rather than stirring turdette like LK.

I'd be happy enough to see him as DP head honcho when the red witch gets kicked upstairs (preferably out - but that ain't gonna happen, given what she lacks between her ears and legs).

Ah yes, today's fayre - actually quite interesting when people were allowed their time and not having to be polarised by piss-poor presenting.

The subject is now Whispering Barry Gardiner and whether he will stand for leader. Brillo and the whole panel, even the Labour MP, in hysterics.
The ginger beard Labour MP (supporting Long Bailey) is a prime example of why they were hammered in December.

I hope Madeline Grant continues regular appearances. Brains and beauty are a very attractive combination.
Reminded me of a dark haired Oakeshott. Very impressed (on many levels)!

Latest Threads