NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Andrew Marr programme is just giving us a view of the status of brexit as it stands just now. Several politicians on from all sides and all just going round in circles saying the same old stuff, the same platitudes and insults going absolute nowhere!

The only real thing missing from brexit is a Leader.

May is not a leader and truthfully there are not too many sitting in the HofC either, from any Party. That has been the huge problem with brexit - no strong positive leadership, from either side.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I thought liam Fox acquitted himself pretty well.His three objections were sensible and well presented.
I thought he was a rubbish defence secretary though,but aren'they all?
But all he did was rehash all the old arguments. There is nothing new, no new leadership.

Every summit in Brussels has been shouted as the Last Chance and every one has resulted in the EU saying No and Mrs May saying the EU are still open for negotiation! Pure rubbish! Now we are being told the January summit is the same Last Chance Saloon.

May won't bring the vote to parliament as she knows she will lose it. She realises that the number supporting her deal can be counted on one digit but once the vote goes to parliament she is out of a job. This complete farce is just designed to keep her employed!

Time for the Tory Party to sort itself out, get rid of May and advance this process, even if that means no-deal brexit.

But all he did was rehash all the old arguments. There is nothing new, no new leadership.

Every summit in Brussels has been shouted as the Last Chance and every one has resulted in the EU saying No and Mrs May saying the EU are still open for negotiation! Pure rubbish! Now we are being told the January summit is the same Last Chance Saloon.

May won't bring the vote to parliament as she knows she will lose it. She realises that the number supporting her deal can be counted on one digit but once the vote goes to parliament she is out of a job. This complete farce is just designed to keep her employed!

Time for the Tory Party to sort itself out, get rid of May and advance this process, even if that means no-deal brexit.
It's too late to get rid of May, only a general election can do that now

She is the kamikaze remainer after all

The Andrew Marr programme is just giving us a view of the status of brexit as it stands just now. Several politicians on from all sides and all just going round in circles saying the same old stuff, the same platitudes and insults going absolute nowhere!

The only real thing missing from brexit is a Leader.

May is not a leader and truthfully there are not too many sitting in the HofC either, from any Party. That has been the huge problem with brexit - no strong positive leadership, from either side.
The leader for Brexit should be whoever is PM, so they have a leader. It may be however that she is a crap leader which is why Brexit is in such a mess.

I thought liam Fox acquitted himself pretty well.His three objections were sensible and well presented.
I thought he was a rubbish defence secretary though,but aren'they all?
What about his boy 'friend'?

Seems as though Corbyn might have muttered “stupid woman” about the PM during PMQs. There are some afters, with Tories demanding Corbyn return and apologise- he virtually sprinted out of the chamber at the end of the session.
John Bercow is denying having seen anything and is fighting a bit of a rearguard action- having had his own use of the phrase brought up by Andrea Leadsom, and Anna Soubry accusing him of ignoring the Labour leader’s alleged transgression when he would have acted immediately had it come from the Tory benches.

Bercow has promised to review the evidence... which can be seen in this Tweet from Laura Kuenssberg:-

Seems as though Corbyn might have muttered “stupid woman” about the PM during PMQs. There are some afters, with Tories demanding Corbyn return and apologise- he virtually sprinted out of the chamber at the end of the session.
John Bercow is denying having seen anything and is fighting a bit of a rearguard action- having had his own use of the phrase brought up by Andrea Leadsom, and Anna Soubry accusing him of ignoring the Labour leader’s alleged transgression when he would have acted immediately had it come from the Tory benches.

Bercow has promised to review the evidence...
Watched it and the several points of order that followed. Bercow did not inspire the slightest confidence in his handling of the matter and Margaret Becket should be thoroughly ashamed of herslf for her attempts to belittle the furore which would have been worse if it had happened the other way round.

Watched it and the several points of order that followed. Bercow did not inspire the slightest confidence in his handling of the matter and Margaret Becket should be thoroughly ashamed of herslf for her attempts to belittle the furore which would have been worse if it had happened the other way round.
Quite. I’ve not agreed much with Anna Soubry over the past couple of years but I agreed with her accusation that Bercow would have acted differently if it had been a Tory male dealing out the alleged misogynist insults.

That said, the BBC vid on web page supports Labour claim of "stupid people" - maybe at baying govt benches

Corbyn still a prat, though

1546867111020.jpeg

Thornberry kept trying to hog arguments and talk over Margot James. Lost count of how many times she insisted on a general election. Jo let them go at each other which was a general waste of the viewers time in my opinion. Patrick had relatively few opportunities to speak but when he did, he spoke with clarity and honesty.

I get the impression that Labour and Conservatives view SDP as a sideshow but I reckon they could be in for a surprise in years to come as both main parties have shown how out of touch and unprofessional they have become. Lucy Thomas came across as more open and less biased than I expected.

James Graham's "Brexit - an Uncivil War" is on Channel 4 tonight at 9pm. Benedict Cumberbatch (a remainer) wanted to make his character darker than the script originally called for. There was some suggestion that depictions of Gove and Boris were deliberately made to appear inept and thick. Obviously I have not watched it yet but brief clips look like parody.

Call people fascists if you're a remainer and nothing happens, call people facists if you're a brexiter and security gets stepped up at Westminster

Project fear goes into overdrive...

I think it is fair to say that Anna Soubry has hardly covered herself in glory over the last couple of years. I've just seen the footage on the news,yes that must have scared her. But leavers have been subjected to this kind of abuse and worse from remoaners since the vote.Now that remoaners are getting it,it becomes big news.

Last edited:
I have f all sympathy for these politicians

The media - the BBC / Sky and others have created a circus outside the Houses of Parliament, aided and abetted by politicians both remainers and Brexiters all looking for their piece of the action.

They have bought it on themselves and I believe that we are going to see far worst in coming days

As a side issue the Police did very little yesterday and stood by watching all this evolve, until the Speaker and MP`s complained to the Commissioner of the Met, seems a lack of initiative yesterday as they stood by are individual bobbies to scared now to uphold the law !

Seems that MP`s have now voted down the finance bill which would have allowed tax changes post Brexit

I can see the Country descending into anarchy because of Members of Parliament (All the feckers)

Archie

The row over Bercow’s decision to overrule his clerks and Parliamentary precedent to select Dominic Grieve’s amendment has triggered a barrage of points of order from furious MPs

Leadsom then skewers Bercow and asks him to confirm that he made his decision with full advice of the Clerk of the House of Commons and whether he would consider publishing their advice.

Of course as we know he overruled their advice