NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just before the programme went to PMQs Laura K pointed out that a six page summary from the legal advice points out that NI will definitely be split from the UK under May's deal. The UK would move into a separate deal and the admin between UK and mi would be huge and like a border - in time NI would move away from the UK. Also the agreement does indeed lock us into the EU and their good offices, which have been very few and far between!

The deal rubber ducks Britain and legal advice confirms that!

PMQs a bit feisty today. Bercow just tore a strip off Sajid Javed! Something along the lines of, “Don’t tell me how to do my job Home Secretary: concentrate on doing your own.” I’m paraphrasing but that was the gist of it.
Guy Opperman (Con Hexham) got a ticking off too.

Agree about Bercow. There are some good clips on YTube of his, lets say, "advice to the baying crowd". Comes across as a very eloquent speaker.

I know people slag him off,but I've always thought Bercow is a pretty good speaker.
He's just put some non entity from the SNP in his place.
Unfortunately Bercow is not exactly uniform in the way he dishes out "advice" to different sides of the House. In fact I'd go as far as saying that today I would not have been in the slightest bit surprised if the whole of the government and it's backbenchers had walked out as a result of his abuse at SJ whilst allowing the black woman at JC side, and other Labour MPs, to constantly do exactly the same with no rebuke.

Time for Mr Speaker to be punted IMO, biased tw*t that he is.

I know people slag him off,but I've always thought Bercow is a pretty good speaker.
Although I quite agreed with the ‘perhaps’ that Bercow wanted removing from the statement. If May has misled parliament over the deal it must be perhaps inadvertently. Otherwise, why did she try to suppress the legal advice on the “backstop”?

Excellent question from Mark Francois which basically lambasted the PM over her lack of action over the persecution of veterans by the histerical crimes team whilst allowing the crimes perpetrated by terrorists to go unchallenged.

As usual a no answer on the subject from the PM

Agree about Bercow. There are some good clips on YTube of his, lets say, "advice to the baying crowd". Comes across as a very eloquent speaker.
I do wonder - however - WHY, we have the same pantomime EVERY week, shouting from the floor, finger-wagging from Bercow?

I wish he would just "Name" the most persistent, veciferous(?), offenders, effectively banning them from the House/proceedings, for period.

Some big spaces on the government back benches today, indicating the PM has lost their support perhaps?
tbh theres absolutely no point attending as TM and her sycophants are on permanent send with the same tired out statements whilst the opposition are repeating the same arguments day after day - to be honest I will be extremely surprised if the 5 days of debate are actually needed! the battle lines are firmly set, noone is going to change their mind and its only delaying the inevitable! the only possible area of interest would be if TM decides to withdraw the deal before the vote or resigns

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Just before the programme went to PMQs Laura K pointed out that a six page summary from the legal advice points out that NI will definitely be split from the UK under May's deal. The UK would move into a separate deal and the admin between UK and mi would be huge and like a border - in time NI would move away from the UK. Also the agreement does indeed lock us into the EU and their good offices, which have been very few and far between!

The deal rubber ducks Britain and legal advice confirms that!
That's not my recollection of what the AG said yesterday. And so far NOTHING has turns up that affects 'the national interest'. I hope the HoC haul the AG over hot coals over this.

tbh theres absolutely no point attending as TM and her sycophants are on permanent send with the same tired out statements whilst the opposition are repeating the same arguments day after day - to be honest I will be extremely surprised if the 5 days of debate are actually needed! the battle lines are firmly set, noone is going to change their mind and its only delaying the inevitable! the only possible area of interest would be if TM decides to withdraw the deal before the vote or resigns
People won't changed their mind of their own volition, but threats and/or bribes might allow them to, after all what are the whips there for ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Rebecca Long Bailey on now and what shrew she looks like. Her face is as screwed up as her Party's policies!

Mind you, she just came out with a truism - the WA does not refer to a Back Stop but to a Full Stop!

ETA: now for BoJo! :D

Rebecca Long Bailey on now and what shrew she looks like. Her face is as screwed up as her Party's policies!

Mind you, she just came out with a truism - the WA does not refer to a Back Stop but to a Full Stop!

ETA: now for BoJo! :D
I thought Boris held his own there.
R L- B is just a party political broadcast with specs.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wonder if the first question at PMQs today will be

"Would the Prime Minister like the phone number for Pickford's London?"

:twisted:

Some of the respondents fall into that category. At least one early shouter has forgotten that zero-hours contracts came in under Labour (to meet the conditions of an EU directive, apparently) and food banks were prevalent under them, too - but they barred social security staff from telling people where they were or that they existed. The Tories binned that policy on Day One (possibly because Clegg made them).