NEW: Daily & Sunday Politics plus PMQs

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
With the changes to the BBC coverage, maybe time for a new thread?

Could Mods sticky this and unsticky the old one please?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Today's Marr show, different time but a good line up. Julia HB and JoCo on the sofa - phoarrrrr!

Fox and Davis lined up as pro v anti Chequers deal. Both from the same party yet at each others' throat!

Also John McDonnell to talk about Labour and anti semantism - and if that really happens I will be very surprised!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Chief Rabbi followed by John McDonell! Nothing if not facing the controversy by the BBC, well done. Let's see how JMcD gets round it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There we have it! Jeremy Corbyn has never supported Hamas, John McDonell says so! He just says everything the Chief Rabbi said is wrong, no explanation why - just wrong and it is the fault of the Rabbi for not understanding Corbyn!

I think that the good Rabbi understands JC very well.

Last edited:
With the changes to the BBC coverage, maybe time for a new thread?

Could Mods sticky this and unsticky the old one please?
sorry, i dont understand? what changes? has the sunday politics and the marr show been swapped out for something else? - your thread title doesnt make sense to me

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Marr show moved to 10am, but after today seems like that is the only change. Daily Politics is getting a complete makeover apparently, more on that when it returns. Andrew Neil seems frozen out with just PMQs and his weekly show, which I believe has a new time also and may not follow QT. All too confusing for me :eek:

Basically same sh!t different day!

Had to double check what channel I'm watching. Looks more like Loose Women to me.

Had to double check what channel I'm watching. Looks more like Loose Women to me.
My thoughts exactly. They did briefly show the producer (male) in a back room.

Jo Coburn (Host)
Amber Rudd (Conservative)
Emily Thornberry (Labour)
Camilla Tominey (Telegraph)
Anuska Asthana (Guardian)
Laura Kuenssberg (BBC)

News about #PoliticsLive on Twitter

Brexit
Labour & anti-semitism
Drug deaths at music festivals

Last edited:
There we have it! Jeremy Corbyn has never supported Hamas, John McDonell says so! He just says everything the Chief Rabbi said is wrong, no explanation why - just wrong and it is the fault of the Rabbi for not understanding Corbyn!

I think that the good Rabbi understands JC very well.
Maybe the Rabbi is a fault for being Jewish? The Momentum Brown Shirts do not like Jews.

My thoughts exactly. They did briefly show the producer (male) in a back room.

Jo Coburn (Host)
Amber Rudd (Conservative)
Emily Thornberry (Labour)
Camilla Tominey (Telegraph)
Anuska Asthana (Guardian)
Laura Kuenssberg (BBC)

News about #PoliticsLive on Twitter

Brexit
Labour & anti-semitism
Maybe they could debate their points via the medium of wrestling in custard?

Well the new programme might get labelled ‘the politics loose women’ for a while.

BBC’s Laura K makes a 5 mins cameo where they could have at least put a Male panelist’s instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One male guest today. Chief chemist from The Loop re drug advice at festivals.
They seem to do good work informing attendees of what is in their tablets or whatever.

Amber Rudd was asked by Jo about her resignation. Jo suggested that it wasn't Amber's policy but Theresa May's.
Rudd suggested blame should not be directed to any one PM.

She is a big fan of the BBC drama "Bodyguard" as is Emily Thornberry. Rudd said that the one thing that was true is the constant watch by security guards. She said she couldn't comment on the rest of it (for obvious reasons).

Early days yet but it feels like the format was deliberately oriented towards a female audience. It may get more women interested in politics but may also lose blokes who used to watch Daily Politics. There was some interesting material in there, even some unspoken language can be interesting, particularly from those near the top of a particular party ;-p

Last edited:
Well that was painful.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I missed the new format Daily Politics but will catch it tomorrow. IIRC the Beeb's rationale, well one of them, was to open up the politics world to younger people. I suppose in their minds that means females and not middle aged white "Gammons" !

I missed the new format Daily Politics but will catch it tomorrow. IIRC the Beeb's rationale, well one of them, was to open up the politics world to younger people. I suppose in their minds that means females and not middle aged white "Gammons" !
There were three white blokes. One a producer behind the scenes, (someting like 20 seconds on screen and no speech) one a reporter up on the roof of the Palace of Westminster (something like a two minute report) and a male guest near the end of the show. Given the 5:1 ratio, he didn't get a whole lot of talking in. All three blokes appeared to be 20's or 30's.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There were three white blokes. One a producer behind the scenes, (someting like 20 seconds on screen and no speech) one a reporter up on the roof of the Palace of Westminster (something like a two minute report) and a male guest near the end of the show. Given the 5:1 ratio, he didn't get a whole lot of talking in. All three blokes appeared to be 20's or 30's.
BBC preparing for Logan's Run to be implemented in the UK.

Aiming for younger not Gammon viewers it’s been said, the new opening format just looked like a ‘gaggle of hens’ on a pads wife welfare moan & groan Q&A.

Early days yet though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk