• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

New Cpls in the Corps

no1cares said:
Well done to everyone that came off the LCpl/Cpl promotion board. Anyone who didn't, better luck next year and keep sweeping.
is it still all about regimental sport or have they started promoting on trade/military/leadership ability?

Mind, that'd set a dangerous precedent - might have to get some officers in with those attributes...

no1cares said:
Well done to everyone that came off the LCpl/Cpl promotion board. Anyone who didn't, better luck next year and[/b] keep sweeping.

Well, that just about sums our glorious corps attitude to junior ranks. Thank fcuk I,m out of it !!

LT.

S

squirt

no1cares said:
is it still all about regimental sport or have they started promoting on trade/military/leadership ability?

Mind, that'd set a dangerous precedent - might have to get some officers in with those attributes...
Ha it's so totally true!!

Well finally i've come off. So miracles do happen.
Does anyone know when the results are put up on armynet as i want to see who else has come off thanks.

Steamywindow said:
no1cares said:
Well done to everyone that came off the LCpl/Cpl promotion board. Anyone who didn't, better luck next year and keep sweeping.

Ho ho ho, brilliant!!! - your comments reflect a certain mark of genius :D :D And your signature too.... hilarious :lol: Quick, call a Medic - my sides need stitching.....

Steamywindow said:
no1cares said:
Fatty of the regiment eh? Couldn't pass a BFT?? Seen your type before - excellent at your job (supposedly) but can't deploy cos your a biff with no spine. Thanks for your input...........but go back to the butty wagon.

no1cares said:
Steamywindow said:
no1cares said:
Fatty of the regiment eh? Couldn't pass a BFT?? Seen your type before - excellent at your job (supposedly) but can't deploy cos your a biff with no spine. Thanks for your input...........but go back to the butty wagon.
8 minute bft thanks. In boots, youngster.

Deployed rather a lot.

You one of those office politics types - not too hot at mil skills, average at trade, good at shmoozing the report writer, great at backstabbing?

no1cares said:
Steamywindow said:
no1cares said:
Is there any need to be such a c0ck. Your one of the reasons why Signals get such a bad name in regards to bitching about each other. Instead of throwing insults people try working together and praise each other. Fun insults okay, but not direct insults.

(And before you say anything no1cares, I pass my BFT easily, I have done numerous op tours with medals to show for it, and I don't like insults being thrown at others for no reason but to be bitter and twisted)

Steamywindow said:
8 minute bft thanks. In boots, youngster.

Deployed rather a lot.

You one of those office politics types - not too hot at mil skills, average at trade, good at shmoozing the report writer, great at backstabbing?
Thats me!!! HAHA

Supertramp said:
Is there any need to be such a c0ck. Your one of the reasons why Signals get such a bad name in regards to bitching about each other. Instead of throwing insults people try working together and praise each other. Fun insults okay, but not direct insults.

(And before you say anything no1cares, I pass my BFT easily, I have done numerous op tours with medals to show for it, and I don't like insults being thrown at others for no reason but to be bitter and twisted)
I think his/her input about promotion being about regimental sport was rather pathetic. Anyone who could be a regi player for whatever sport and are good at their trades earn promotion over those who don't play sports.

To be fair anyone that does something that the second reporting officer can write about that marks them out from their peers is probably half way there to being promoted. If you think you're a good operator and do very little else then think ceiling of about Corporal, if you're lucky.

Good point from the last poster.

There's nowt wrong with using 'extra-curricular' activities in a tie break situation. My gripe (and it may have changed now) was with the det-dodgers who somehow made their reggy cross country/golf with the CO/organised a charity fun-run count for more than 2 back-to back dets to operational theatres with good reports. And that really did happen, a lot.

One guy I knew made sergeant with no medals in 6 years. A good but not exeptional character. Big on athletics.

Another bloke was acting up 2 ranks and got a confidential which said 'A' for performance in job but '3' under the promotability heading. How can that possibly make any sense whatever?

It may have been trade specific, (unless you were a tech :)) but I heard enough from other trades to think not.

we all no yr selected by a drunken blindfolded monkey throwin darts at photos and then promoted using the same technique but with a fatter drunker monkey. the monkey got me for the first one but i'll drug the fat 1 next year!

naughty01 said:
we all no yr selected by a drunken blindfolded monkey throwin darts at photos and then promoted using the same technique but with a fatter drunker monkey. the monkey got me for the first one but i'll drug the fat 1 next year!

... It's Director manning and records!

Guys you all keep going on about people being good at their trade and not getting promoted. Out of the 21 tick boxes on your CR only 4 are trade specific. The other 17 are specific to soldiering skills like leadership and fitness. Maybe when people play sports/organise events they are showing the hierarchy of the regiment that they possess the other 17 skills required for promotion. You show me anyone who can show their fitness and leadership by fixing a trend on a workbench.

Latest Threads