New Commando Walt?......

That "Walt" has far more operational experience and trigger time than 90% on this forum. Oh, and his wee granny is second to none. God save the Queen

arcticfox042

War Hero
That "Walt" has far more operational experience and trigger time than 90% on this forum. Oh, and his wee granny is second to none. God save the Queen
......see original post i.e. no commando tests completed, most bods that turn up to try the all arms course have a full chest full but still have to get sweaty to wear the beret .......

arcticfox042

War Hero
I don't mind the Commando walting but a full colonel at 34? That reeks of nepotism!
His title is ‘Captain General ‘ so he should be wearing this rank slide like his grandad did....

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 13.07.41.png

It did lead to some amusing exchanges with a couple of RM junior officers attached to 1 PARA (not enough RM Tp Comd vacancies):

RM Lt: "I'm actually a captain in Army rank"

Every one who heard it (again): "Zip it you fu*king crow, and do your job"
That was only once they had four years seniority as a RM Lieutenant.

arcticfox042

War Hero
Yes ,Jimmy got one....RIP Jimmy, you touched so many........

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 12.36.56.png

It did lead to some amusing exchanges with a couple of RM junior officers attached to 1 PARA (not enough RM Tp Comd vacancies):

RM Lt: "I'm actually a captain in Army rank"

Every one who heard it (again): "Zip it you fu*king crow, and do your job"
Same when 3 PARA were at Dover as AMF (L) Bn. RM Lts wearing a maroon beret and a RM Capt ML who was The AWO wearing one. Great bloke called Phil Ashby, who went on to get a QGM in SL, along with a tropical disease that ended his career.

Oyibo

LE
Same when 3 PARA were at Dover as AMF (L) Bn. RM Lts wearing a maroon beret and a RM Capt ML who was The AWO wearing one. Great bloke called Phil Ashby, who went on to get a QGM in SL, along with a tropical disease that ended his career.
Only met him once - after both of us had left the military. Seemed like a decent guy.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
fa1d738d15f883aa267a94dbcc6f5dd0.jpg

Three Jubilee medals and the LGBT Long Service Medal?

Only met him once - after both of us had left the military. Seemed like a decent guy.
I did my AWI Course in 1996 with 3 PARA, a strenuous 6 weeks, he was The AWO and and The Course OC was an ex ranker from 22 who had commissioned into PARA.

As the only RMP on the course, it was as usual competitive.

Oyibo

LE
I did my AWI Course in 1996 with 3 PARA, a strenuous 6 weeks, he was The AWO and and The Course OC was an ex ranker from 22 who had commissioned into PARA.

As the only RMP on the course, it was as usual competitive.
Apocryphal tales have it that the CO 3 PARA decided that the CVRTs should be given 'names' to be painted on them in the same way that WWII bombers had slogans and women painted on. A friend who was OC Patrols at the time recounted that he hadn't bothered to check the vehicles before the CO's inspection and was unpleasantly surprised to find one of them proudly painted with the nom de guerre 'An*l Date Rape'.

Met him very briefly once, and read his book about his SL adventure. Very good.

Latest Threads