Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by ViciousCircle, Jul 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those that may be remotely interested there is now a new website dedicated to the glorious profession of CMT.

The site is in its early stages but feedback is most welcome on the site.

The site can be found by going to Army Net and clicking on AMS forum then there is a link to the CMT site.

Go have a look and send them any feedback you feel is relevant.

if it works I dont know but here is the link:
  2. The site wouldn't allow me to register because I am no longer a serving soldier...fecking SHUNNED again. twatting Army
  3. Me the same.
    Must have a word with grandson who is out in Iraq at present.
    We done our time and now the Mekons at MOD dont want us about. Sums them up.

Hi Medman m8.
  4. I tried visiting the website but I seem to have already registered onto armynet. but I dont remember an none of the Questions it asks will accept my answers. I could have done it in basic but I cant understand why I cant get she security questions correct. I know my home town, mothers maiden name an all that so I cant imagine writing anything different. Any ideas please. I cant be arrsed going through my clerks as it suggests cause they'll just fob me off. any help apprechiated!
  5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I don't see what your problem is unless you just fancy having a cheap shot at the 'man'. The simple fact is that ArmyNet is a secure site for the serving soldier. Always has been, always will be. Nobody is denying that you've served Queen and country but I'm sure you'll agree that a secure site must remain just that. Secure. You could be anybody; a troll, a journalist, an identity hacker, who knows? If you were still serving, I feel sure that you would be reassured to know that ArmyNet had your best interests at heart. Arrse is there for all so if there is something you feel strongly about, why not start a thread?
  6. PM me
  7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Medders, we dont need access to such a site as we aren't CMT anymore, and you must admit we have ample access to other sites.
  8. Thanks guys, in hindsight you are all quite correct. I wasn't aware that it was secure site but obviously agree with point about not allowing access to trolls and journo's etc.

I shall consider myself "suitably chastised"

Medders, head hung in embarrassed shame, a bit like being caught by your mates whilst shagging the QA pig.( habit of mine)
  9. Anyone know where I can find the latest geek medic newsletter, someone was writing something about 2 Med Bde and BOWMAN or FH LAN.

10. Phredd,
    Your grandson can log you onto armynet as a guest, but the request has to come from him. Sldrs can access their pay details etc via this site which is why it is for serving soldiers. I suspect that you would find it easier to get in comms with your grandson by just emailing him or sending an e-bluey or a good old fashioned letter.
  11. captainchaos

Thanks for the info. Thats all I need. Much appreciated.

Defo did not need a comment like that of 'forastero'

12. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I don't care whether you 'defo did not need a comment' but what I said needed to be said and if you decide to take it personally, (unlike medders) that's your problem.

You left the Army, what, 26 years ago? Assuming you did indeed do your full 22 and left at the age of 40, you must be well into your sixties by now, yes? I hardly think that taking cheap shots at the system that has moved on significantly since then and those that serve within it, reflects well on you and your senior years. My advice was well meant and intended no disrespect or malice but if you want to continue to have cheap little digs, crack on fella. I love a war of words.

Edited for being a grammar mong.