New clothing policy at sunny Blandford

I heard through the Grapevine that there could be a new uniform policy for the soldiers in Blandford. Can anyone shed some light on this one for me please!

There was a thread about this the other day, cant find it now though. it turned into the usual level of whinging i think.

Nappy's and dummy's ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

daz

From the impression i got and the duty rumours it's something about permanent staff and barrack dress. Give the place a more regimental feel.

Thebull140 said:
From the impression i got and the duty rumours it's something about permanent staff and barrack dress. Give the place a more regimental feel.
How many regiments have you seen who wear barrack dress? I thought it wasnt issued anymore. The permenant staff should be obvious as they dont wear coloured tabs.

Boney

Last seen beginning of this month, WO's wearing no.2 dress trousers, jersey "itchy-scratch" and black drill belt. Asked the question in the mess bar one night, and was told it was the RSM's idea to ensure the trainee's could tell an SSM from some tw@ on an upgrade course. (Considering the size of the sqn's, its not unfeasible that they never see the SSM except when ankle-deep in the brown and smelly).

Other than that, haven't heard anything else about further changes to dress policy....

Surely they can tell the SSM, he will be the one carrying his crayons and paint by numbers book around?

(spot the non RD person!)

If they want them to stand out they should just bring back the ATRA badge (as it was). When they got rid of that there were loads of excuses like "we are trying to cut down on the amount of insignia worn" - then they came out with the UJ and the Corps flash !!

Another was they just did'nt like it because RSS instructors could wear it and not the 11 Sig Regt Cadre - probably because they are not instructors!

They should bring it back to piss the cadre off. :)

Whilst at the tailors on camp today I saw a lot of the old "working dress" (i.e. green shirts and wooley pulley's) getting ranks sewn on them "who still wears that s**t" I casually asked him. "troop cadre" he told me. "no they dont" I replied "they will be soon" he said. So there you go, straight out of the horses mouth- Blandford troop Cadre will be going into working dress to stand out from everybody else.

hairy_arrse04 said:
Whilst at the tailors on camp today I saw a lot of the old "working dress" (i.e. green shirts and wooley pulley's) getting ranks sewn on them "who still wears that s**t" I casually asked him. "troop cadre" he told me. "no they dont" I replied "they will be soon" he said. So there you go, straight out of the horses mouth- Blandford troop Cadre will be going into working dress to stand out from everybody else.
Nw thats funny. Surely when i was on my class 3 trainees wore working dress and the troop cadre/upgraders/permanent staff wore 95's for exactly the same reason. Somebodies having a good giggle somewhere

Not seen anything in black and white yet, nor Cadre in any different type of dress...... yet....... :?

Surely trainees should aspire to be ........ and look.........like us....... 8)

If Cadre get to wear OG shirts with Cbt 95, I have a feeling they will look like cadets (at best) or complete c**ts (at worst) .... Does anyone actually read JSP 336.....

How about putting the Ph2 Trainees in working dress (marching/drill order now innit?) - how easy would they be to spot then 8) - then the Cadre, RP Staff, Instructors and Upgraders might possibly have more than a fighting chance of spotting a squad of muppets (or individual) 'misbehaving' at a distance and the Trainees will have an 'I want to dress/be like them' mentality (its worked before.......)

Any comments?

Jumping_Hat said:
Not seen anything in black and white yet, nor Cadre in any different type of dress...... yet....... :?

Surely trainees should aspire to be ........ and look.........like us....... 8)

If Cadre get to wear OG shirts with Cbt 95, I have a feeling they will look like cadets (at best) or complete c**ts (at worst) .... Does anyone actually read JSP 336.....

How about putting the Ph2 Trainees in working dress (marching/drill order now innit?) - how easy would they be to spot then 8) - then the Cadre, RP Staff, Instructors and Upgraders might possibly have more than a fighting chance of spotting a squad of muppets (or individual) 'misbehaving' at a distance and the Trainees will have an 'I want to dress/be like them' mentality (its worked before.......)

Any comments?
Jumping_hat that seems like a sensible and well thought out answer. Go back to what it was before when it worked.

We'll have none of that thank you, sensible thinking does not have a place in this mans army.

can someone please explain to me what are phase 2 trainees wearing in blandford ? excuse my ignorance! i have not been to blandford since 2001 while on class 1 . then they were wearing the old working dress.while permanent staff and upgraders wore 95 . if this has changed then whoever changed it needs to wear a sandbag on there head and be shot at dawn!!

Everyone wears 95's at the moment. Want me to get you a sandbag threesend?

why ?? to quote a song "i can see clearly now " why are trainees wearing 95? who made that daft decision ? i can now sympathise with those on a 3 year sentance to hm blandford . sadly ill be there very soon on a cse.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Classified Ads 1
Jip Travolta ARRSE: Site Issues 36
E Weapons, Equipment & Rations 12