New clothing policy at sunny Blandford

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by marathonman, Mar 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I heard through the Grapevine that there could be a new uniform policy for the soldiers in Blandford. Can anyone shed some light on this one for me please!

2. There was a thread about this the other day, cant find it now though. it turned into the usual level of whinging i think.

3. daz

daz LE

Nappy's and dummy's ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

daz

4. From the impression i got and the duty rumours it's something about permanent staff and barrack dress. Give the place a more regimental feel.

5. I think clowns outfits would be more appropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. How many regiments have you seen who wear barrack dress? I thought it wasnt issued anymore. The permenant staff should be obvious as they dont wear coloured tabs.

Boney

7. and no unit isignia.

8. Good point. They got rid of the Blandford badge a while back.

Boney

9. Last seen beginning of this month, WO's wearing no.2 dress trousers, jersey "itchy-scratch" and black drill belt. Asked the question in the mess bar one night, and was told it was the RSM's idea to ensure the trainee's could tell an SSM from some tw@ on an upgrade course. (Considering the size of the sqn's, its not unfeasible that they never see the SSM except when ankle-deep in the brown and smelly).

Other than that, haven't heard anything else about further changes to dress policy....

10. Surely they can tell the SSM, he will be the one carrying his crayons and paint by numbers book around?

(spot the non RD person!)

11. this will be my 4th different uniform in 23 months.
    As the Mcdonalds tagline goes............I'm loving it!!!

12. If they want them to stand out they should just bring back the ATRA badge (as it was). When they got rid of that there were loads of excuses like "we are trying to cut down on the amount of insignia worn" - then they came out with the UJ and the Corps flash !!

Another was they just did'nt like it because RSS instructors could wear it and not the 11 Sig Regt Cadre - probably because they are not instructors!

They should bring it back to piss the cadre off. :)

13. Whilst at the tailors on camp today I saw a lot of the old "working dress" (i.e. green shirts and wooley pulley's) getting ranks sewn on them "who still wears that s**t" I casually asked him. "troop cadre" he told me. "no they dont" I replied "they will be soon" he said. So there you go, straight out of the horses mouth- Blandford troop Cadre will be going into working dress to stand out from everybody else.

14. Nw thats funny. Surely when i was on my class 3 trainees wore working dress and the troop cadre/upgraders/permanent staff wore 95's for exactly the same reason. Somebodies having a good giggle somewhere

15. FFS, I wish my biggist drama was having to wear working dress!!