New Chukavin sniper rifle

There's an Army Surplus Store (Garage) near where I live run by a real professional (!) who claims to import Russian Uniforms and Boots and then sells them at an extortionate rate. He also claims to have a deal going with his Russian supplier to provide new MTP and other Brit kit before they are issued to our boys(!) He's almost as convincing as the Trader at a local market who claims to import and sell genuine World War Two plastic helmets!
It never comes as a surprise to me that when I bump into a Russian on a range in the US they are invariably former Spetznaz. And, they all seem to wear tracksuit bottoms, the one's with a stripe down the leg and knock off Adidas trainers.

On a serious note considering all the embargo's are in place there seem to be a lot of Glocks and other shiny toys from the west over there. There are a couple of Larry Vickers vid's on youtube where he is on the range with "ex-FSB" and they all seem to have Glock's.

(...) On a serious note considering all the embargo's are in place there seem to be a lot of Glocks and other shiny toys from the west over there. There are a couple of Larry Vickers vid's on youtube where he is on the range with "ex-FSB" and they all seem to have Glock's.
The Russian firearms manufacturer Orsis apparently assembles Glocks in Russia for the local civilian market where they are sold to shooting clubs. They are still currently listed in the Orsis catalogue. ORSIS. High-accuracy weapon systems - GLOCK sporting pistols

They were supposedly made from a combination of imported and locally manufactured parts. I've no idea if that has changed to entirely locally manufactured parts at present.

I was under the impression that the official military, police, and private security market for pistols was filled by a small number of different domestic designs and that I believe covers most of the market for pistols there outside of club shooting.

Latest Threads