• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

New child suicide bomber in Iraq

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/14/AR2008051403554.html

Child Bomber Kills 23 In Iraq

A youthful suicide bomber killed at least 23 people Wednesday in an attack against relatives of Col. Faisal Ismail al-Zobaie, a U.S.-backed police chief and former insurgent who has turned against his onetime comrades.

Zobaie, the police chief of Fallujah in Anbar province, said a bomber of about 12 years of age attacked the funeral of Zobaie's uncle. He said insurgents had seized his uncle, a school principal, on Tuesday, demanding to know whether the police chief was his nephew.
I suspect here a hand of our Israeli friends. Few year ago there was a series of Palestinian child 'would be suicide bombers'. And strangely there were no other examples before or after these suspicious incidents.

Or maybe the 'boy' would grow up as recent '8yo girl' suicide bomber.

How fast Iraqi children are growing!

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,5143,700226036,00.html

The bomber's victims had been mourning the death of Taha al-Zobaie, who was killed two days ago, said Abu Mustapha, a relative who had shrapnel wounds and who would give only his nickname. The Zobaie tribe has opposed al-Qaida in Mesopotamia.

"He was a child about 15 years old, and he was crying," Abu Mustapha said, describing the bomber. "I don't think he exploded himself because I did not see him move his hands. I think someone exploded him by remote control."
Well, now 'child' suicie bomber is 15 years old. And likely he would grow up further because apparently the locals use to underestimate age.

The suicide bomb attack south of Baghdad occurred near Yusufiyah, a town that was once heavily dominated by extremists connected to al-Qaida in Mesopotamia. The bomber, who was female, killed an Iraqi army captain and wounded seven Iraqi soldiers, the American military said.

Iraqis in the area described the bomber as being 8 to 12 years old, but an American military spokesman said the bomber appeared to be 16 to 18 years old. The bomber waited four hours for the captain to return to the company's headquarters, telling soldiers there that she needed to talk to him, according to an Iraqi officer who was in the same brigade as the captain. He said al-Qaida in Mesopotamia had put a price on the captain's head.