new chat

Hi there

I hope someone can help me. I have not been able to log in to the new chat at all.

I have deleted cookies, emptied cache, have vista home premium (IE7) and the latest Java loaded. I have also tried with google chrome.

I get an error message saying the username i have entered is not allowed access. I have not been banned or anything other from chat as far as i am aware .

I am not a massive user of chat but it is frustrating to see folks in there and i cant get in to play. I feel like th enorty boy kept indoors watching his mates playing snowballs outside

I would be grateful for some help please?

Roger

I wonder if the ! in your username is causing trouble. I will try this out tonight / tomorrow at some point.

I wonder if the ! in your username is causing trouble. I will try this out tonight / tomorrow at some point.
Any joy with this boss?

If it is the ! in my username then is it possible to change it, perhaps to "Rogerout2"

This is a problem with non-alphanumeric characters in the chat system. I have raised a support request with them as clearly this is 'get it sorted or we find a new chat system'. Loads of people have characters in their usernames. I've changed yours to RogerOut2. As soon as I get this resolved, with the current or new chat I can change it back for you.

Thanks for taking the trouble to raise the issue and also to give me a prod when I didn't come back to you.

P

PrinceAlbert

Is there a reason for the new chat? The old one was far better IMO.

The old one was easier on the eyes, and easier to get to grips with.

This is a problem with non-alphanumeric characters in the chat system. I have raised a support request with them as clearly this is 'get it sorted or we find a new chat system'. Loads of people have characters in their usernames. I've changed yours to RogerOut2. As soon as I get this resolved, with the current or new chat I can change it back for you.

Thanks for taking the trouble to raise the issue and also to give me a prod when I didn't come back to you.
Appreciate the feedback, all worked well last night I was pleased to be able to play with the other kids :)

Chat is a tricky one. I was happy with the last chat system, but it got hacked, and I wasn't happy with the security anyway. I pointed out a gaping hole to them which they fixed, but it didn't make me confident in the parts of the system I couldn't see. I then looked up exploits for the software and found a couple of really serious ones. So we scrapped it and coughed up for the current 'parachat', which I also don't like, mainly because it's a java plugin applet. It is also ugly.

I have another chat to try which I will do on RP before here. It's a bit more like facebook chat so you end up with chat windows at the bottom of the screen.

This is a time consuming and expensive business though, so please bear with it for now.

P

PrinceAlbert

Chat is a tricky one. I was happy with the last chat system, but it got hacked, and I wasn't happy with the security anyway. I pointed out a gaping hole to them which they fixed, but it didn't make me confident in the parts of the system I couldn't see. I then looked up exploits for the software and found a couple of really serious ones. So we scrapped it and coughed up for the current 'parachat', which I also don't like, mainly because it's a java plugin applet. It is also ugly.

I have another chat to try which I will do on RP before here. It's a bit more like facebook chat so you end up with chat windows at the bottom of the screen.

This is a time consuming and expensive business though, so please bear with it for now.
Fair enough. I don't use chat that often, but the new one is very ugly.....

I can't log in at all, I'm told I have to download an applet, which I click to install, then it doesn't do anything. I know my craptop is pretty useless but I've tried everything to get it to work. Any advice gratefully received :)

I think this chat will being scrapped in favour of the onw we're trialing on RearParty, pending feedback from their and some technicalities. A shame because it was bloody expensive. The whole Java applet thing is crap though.

I can't log in at all, I'm told I have to download an applet, which I click to install, then it doesn't do anything. I know my craptop is pretty useless but I've tried everything to get it to work. Any advice gratefully received :)
Bless you EPB I am missing you LOL

I got it sorted with the help of my new best friend rogermellie who sent me a link to download Java even though I already had it, but it's worked so now I'm happy coz I can abuse you again codger! :-D

R

rogermellie

I got it sorted with the help of my new best friend rogermellie who sent me a link to download Java even though I already had it, but it's worked so now I'm happy coz I can abuse you again codger! :-D
Ah ha so its on record now is it :-D
Hope you had a good crimbo oh and in reference to the crimbo present thread get ironing will ya !!

Kind regards

R M (your new best friend:p )

Ah ha so its on record now is it :-D
Hope you had a good crimbo oh and in reference to the crimbo present thread get ironing will ya !!

Kind regards

R M (your new best friend:p )
I would but I started on the brandy first, and I like to finish one thing before I start another..... :p