NEW CHAT

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Dale the snail, May 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now, bearing in mind I have to make this quick in case ARRSE crashes again for the 10th time in the last two hours, is there any chance we can go back to the old chat? And why does ARRSE keep crashing? Is it because there are a lot of dullards just signed up who keep trying to hack us again??

Yours,

Slugster.

2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

No - it doesn't work on this new version of the software - unless you mean the IRC one. What in particular don't you like about the new one?

We have no idea why ARRSE keeps crashing but suspect that it is still something to do with the amarillo thing...

3. french person, yannie - who are these dullards dale is talking about?

4. New chat is fine, but it just seems to crash all the time if there are more than 5 people in. Imagine if it had happened the night of Flashy's court trial, when there were more than 30 people in chat?????

5. Have to say I think it is linked to the round dozen!! We were chatting fine with 12 in the room, when 13 joined, it went t1ts. :(

Also keep getting a Flash player error. It says "Flash player script may cause your computer to run slowly. Do you wish to continue?" Always get that if I click on options or smilies :(

Ghost

6. I get same as Ghost_Rider.

Also '.... do you want to keep running scripts on this page?' Then option of yes or no but it has always locked up by then.

Refresh sometimes gets me back (but as new entrant into chat) but usually have to close and restart.

7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

A chat program like this puts a significant strain on the server by the very nature of how it works. ARRSE is already under a considerable strain due to the aftermath of the amarillo thing and this may be tipping it over the edge. Our host is trying to figure out what we can do about it - please continue to be patient as we are doing the best we can!

8. No worries - appreciate the good work. Just in the spirit of keeping an all informed net etc.

9. Its doing it again!!!!