New chapter in the phone hacking mess?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by SomeName, Jul 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

It will. Along with Associated Newspapers (Mail & Sunday Mail), Northern and Shell (Express & Star), Telegraph and Guardian/Observer - I would expect that the last three papers will be found to have no case to answer.
  2. I'm so bored of these hacking stories.
  3. Anything that has the potential to land Piers the **** Morgan in jail is interesting......
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Then don't read them. Just a thought.
  5. So am I.

Could we just kill ALL journos and associated scummers? Start again with new newspapers? ie the local rags going national/international.?

We could get them all in to a swimming pool, filled with petrol and then throw piers morgan off the diving board... on fire.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Bearing in mind that journalists do move between papers and that journalistic pay sometimes depends on delivering a stream of 'scoops', I would be surprised if all the tabloid 'red tops' didn't have some involvement in phone (and possibly email) hacking.

Phone hackling is also a relatively cheap way of gaining 'human interest' stories - given the interest in the tabloids about who's shagging who, it was probably a fairly cost effective way of obtaining that information.

I'd suspect the quality papers (Telegraph/Guardian, etc) did not have any real involvement - mainly because they covered different stories. I would have said that the Times had no involvement either but for the fact that it shared a site with the Sun/NOTW. Somehow I think the Times might have resorted to the odd bit of phone hacking to get a jump on its rivals- the contacts were there...

7. Listen, they are all in it together.

What has come into the public domain in the last few weeks is only the tip of the iceberg.

This all stinks to high heaven of politics, money, power and corruption, like most things in life these days.

End of.
  8. I am more interested in what politicians who offer a titbit to a journalist and then in return get some info about their rivals gleaned from phone hacking.

As for the Labour Party they have the means, money and power to use their friends at wapping to get information.
  9. Pretty naive to think only one newspaper involved, oh yeah, I forgot Politicians and the cops are dealing with this. Stupid me.
  10. I'm simply pissed off that no journalist has found me 'interesting' enough to hack into my emails and bug my 'phones!