New CBRN Mask

I've heard we're getting new CBRN masks replacing the S10, mind you i've heard all sorts the army will do. Anyone know the plans or when we're suppose to be getting them?

Hmmm. This new breathing thingy has been on the radar for years:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=10948.html

I remember seeing a photo of it in a CBRN brief last September, but nothing much since then.

Manufacturers brief is here:
http://www.cbrneworld.com/capability_scott_health_and_safety.html

I think the testing is still underway, I half remember some talk of stock levels and briefing to our US comrades to ensure they don't have issues with recognition. Or that could have been a question I asked. I don't know.

robo_robert said:
I've heard we're getting new CBRN masks replacing the S10, mind you i've heard all sorts the army will do. Anyone know the plans or when we're suppose to be getting them?
It's a respirator! Bloody part-timers ;)

Rollout date was originally set for 2012 so expect it around 2050 and way over budget

From the piccies it has two canisters, do we whip the right one off before firing or just wave the muzzle in the general direction?

Can't be long before we have all in one protective head gear, ballistic visor, armoured respirator and helmet all in one.

Moblie Infantry.

I'm looking forward to the Y-rack grenade launcher, and being able to leap tall buildings.

WhiteHorse said:
Can't be long before we have all in one protective head gear, ballistic visor, armoured respirator and helmet all in one.
...to go with our laser guns, one-piece body armour suits that can stop anything but weigh nothing, and hover boards :wink:

Smart means clever, clever means complicated, complicated means it isn't squaddie proof, we'll manage to break it really quickly.

Sandbanks said:
WhiteHorse said:
...to go with our laser guns, one-piece body armour suits that can stop anything but weigh nothing, and hover boards :wink:
I doubt it, cost too much in batteries.

WhiteHorse said:
Sandbanks said:
WhiteHorse said:
I doubt it, cost too much in batteries.
Shouldn't be a problem as I believe they are currently developing 'flux capacitors' that will run off an inexhaustible suppy of anti-matter. The only problem they have encountered so far is how we will get them off the Q but some things never change.

Ok - question thats been on my mind since I started applying... I need to wear specs/contact lenses to correct my duff eyesight. Does wearing the current respirator prevent the user from wearing specs? I doubt mod would pay for prescription lenses on a respirator...! How do other speccy folks manage? Ta.

Pit_Bull said:
Ok - question thats been on my mind since I started applying... I need to wear specs/contact lenses to correct my duff eyesight. Does wearing the current respirator prevent the user from wearing specs? I doubt mod would pay for prescription lenses on a respirator...! How do other speccy folks manage? Ta.
You get lenses for the ressi