Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Captain General for Royal Marines.

Flew Lear 24’s and 25’s for a couple of years. Perhaps not too far away.

24 had the same CJ-610’s as the 25 so a pretty hot performance. The 610 was the civilian J85 without afterburner. J85’s powered the F-5’s.

Taught aerobatics. Aerobated Citabria, Stearman, Pitts, Christen Eagle, Chipmunk, and Tiger Moths.

Question - and not meant confrontationally.
You’re slinging a fair amount of the proverbial at VM, and I note your extensive civil flying experience.

Have you attended / completed any military flying training courses?

The proverbial was simply being returned.

Extremely fortunate, PPL at 16, first Instructor Ex RAF, just retired, senior Instructor from Central Flying School Little Rissington. Delightful man but very exacting.

Yes.

First civilian job, instructor at Burnside-Ott Aviation Training Centre. Biggest civilian flight school at the time based in Opa Locka Miami.

OK, I'm pressing the point - what military flying training courses have you completed?

Pilot? Navigator / Navy Observer? Any of the NCO Aircrew branches?

Another significant appointment for the Corp that will be welcomed.

HM’s new equerry is a Royal Marine Major.

Maj Tom White joined in 2007 and previously has served as the military assistant to Major General Matt Holmes. He will be the first Royal Marine to fill this post.

Last edited:

Bob65

War Hero
I'm no fan of the mincing prince, but turning up at Lympstone and giving it a go took more boll0cks than most of his detractors have.

As did quitting. He could have just hung around and they would have found a way to make him pass. He showed greater integrity than some, in my book.

RTU'd

Old-Salt
Prince George of Cambridge.
Young, keen and no adverse publicity against him.
He could grown in the role over the next 20 years.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Another significant appointment for the Corp that will be welcomed.

HM’s new equerry is a Royal Marine Major.

Maj Tom White joined in 2007 and previously has served as the military assistant to Major General Matt Holmes. He will be the first Royal Marine to fill this post.

HMQ must be getting worried that, as she ages, her dress sense will slip, hence the appointment of a Maureen! ;)

As did quitting. He could have just hung around and they would have found a way to make him pass. He showed greater integrity than some, in my book.

Some things in life prove to be difficult, but the prospect of failure and returning to face those who doubted you, more so for soldiers who RTU, is immense, and an incredible motivator to some.

To go through those trials and tribulations under the gaze of the media and public scrutiny is unthinkable.

Bob65

War Hero
Some things in life prove to be difficult, but the prospect of failure and returning to face those who doubted you, more so for soldiers who RTU, is immense, and an incredible motivator to some.

To go through those trials and tribulations under the gaze of the media and public scrutiny is unthinkable.

The old saying of Spartan mothers sending their sons into battle, return carrying your shield or being carried on it.

bcsack

Old-Salt
The proverbial was simply being returned.

Extremely fortunate, PPL at 16, first Instructor Ex RAF, just retired, senior Instructor from Central Flying School Little Rissington. Delightful man but very exacting.

Yes.

First civilian job, instructor at Burnside-Ott Aviation Training Centre. Biggest civilian flight school at the time based in Opa Locka Miami.
If you still visit KOPF say hi to steveo1kinevo - he makes really good videos !!!

If you still visit KOPF say hi to steveo1kinevo - he makes really good videos !!!
I did go back a couple of years back. Completely changed, BATC is no more. Never met Steve.

When the school was there it was the 3rd busiest airport in the US with over 3,000 movements a day. A pale shadow of its former self now.
OK, I'm pressing the point - what military flying training courses have you completed?

Pilot? Navigator / Navy Observer? Any of the NCO Aircrew branches?
Hmm, bit forward, if I may say.

Commissioned.

Pilot.