Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Captain General for Royal Marines.

Have looked but haven’t seen it posted, if it has happy to remove. The proposal for William to take over from Harry as the new Captain General Royal Marines.

It had been suggested the Princess Anne would take over the position however it seems that due to the number of her appointments it is now a possibility the Prince William will assume the position.

If so, certainly one which many would be very happy with.

I'm no fan of the mincing prince, but turning up at Lympstone and giving it a go took more boll0cks than most of his detractors have.

And arguably, knowing his detractors would be queuing up to wade in, his decision to knock it on the head when he recognised it wasn’t panning out took more bollocks still.

Never mind his Old Man’s likely view on it.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, in a gated mansion in the USA, a young man stares vacantly into space, alone in his room in the West Wing, waiting for the summons for the next 'inspirational' video.

Whilst asking a visiting dignitary if it would be possible to have a photo taken, then when they approve, handing them the camera and posing with an oppo is a hilarious thing to do, it seldom goes down well with the grown ups, and can lead to interesting chats.

Meanwhile, in a gated mansion in the USA, a young man stares vacantly into space, alone in his room in the West Wing, waiting for the summons for the next 'inspirational' video.
He is getting that John Cantile look isn't he?

XPara Mugg

War Hero
Whilst asking a visiting dignitary if it would be possible to have a photo taken, then when they approve, handing them the camera and posing with an oppo is a hilarious thing to do, it seldom goes down well with the grown ups, and can lead to interesting chats.

I last saw that done on the film set of Fury in about 2012. Brad Pit was looking at some vehicles when two blokes pulled that on him. His face was priceless. On this occasion it was the children in charge of the extras that got a cob on. That was funny in itself. Youngsters fresh off Media Studies degrees trying to be all authoritative with, mostly ex-forces, grownups.

F*ck off you sad passed over posing tw*t.

Doubt you’d get half way round the endurance before you even tried the tarzan.

At least Edward would have done that before he jacked it.
Blimey, I thought I had you on ignore. Hi there! Good afternoon on the turps, is it?

Why has that post riled you so much? If you face in the direction of Buckingham Palace, clutch your groin and hum, it’ll feel like a baaaaad dream...