New Cadet rifle

fahya said:
I hear that a new cadet rifle is being made.
the rifles are allready 'made'.......... the 'new' cadet rifles are going to be A1s brought up to A2 specs, and in semi-auto only.

fahya said:
I know nothing!
so true. :wink:

no, they have just welded a 6 inch nail on the fekin side...........

If they have been brought up to A2 specs then yes they should have, otherwise they are not A2's!

DrStealth said:
Due to rising costs it is now a 4 inch nail.

Don't hold your breath though i bet the tight bastards reduce it to 2inch nails before you know it. :wink:

dingerr said:
DrStealth said:

Don't hold your breath though i bet the tight bastards reduce it to 2inch nails before you know it. :wink:
Mr Dingerr, you are normally mister on the spot when it comes to all things ammo / weapons oriented but I have to pick you up on this. It may well become a 2 inch nail but more importantly, it will be a 'recovered' nail. They're getting a job lot when they demolish Chelsea barracks.

T C

Wahoo at last! Those A1's break ALOT! Mainly becuase a few cadets are too weak too even lift them at Prone Position, which asks me, why did they sign up???

The_Cheat said:
dingerr said:
DrStealth said:

Mr Dingerr, you are normally mister on the spot when it comes to all things ammo / weapons oriented but I have to pick you up on this. It may well become a 2 inch nail but more importantly, it will be a 'recovered' nail. They're getting a job lot when they demolish Chelsea barracks.

T C
I disagree.

I'm no good with weapons. Just a sad ammo man. :D

black--rider said:
Wahoo at last! Those A1's break ALOT! Mainly becuase a few cadets are too weak too even lift them at Prone Position, which asks me, why did they sign up???
Cos all the cadet are normaly around the age of 14 and not big manly specimens like you so "obviosly" are.

Due to rising costs the cocking handle has been removed completely and a small hole into which you can insert your finger to cock it has been introduced. It also eliminates the chances of little Timmy getting smacked by the little bastard when he fcuks it up.

ark-angel said:
Due to rising costs the cocking handle has been removed completely and a small hole into which you can insert your finger to c*** it has been introduced. It also eliminates the chances of little Timmy getting smacked by the little fatherless when he fcuks it up.
What happens when he fires it with his finger still in it? 8O

Or is that filed under the same thought that led to "don't need a flash hider cos the cadets will be able to fit bayonets and rifle grenades!" leave it off noone will care that you can't fit a BFA!

P.S. i know it was a light hearted comment 8)

As timmy is a 14 probably a 14 year old you can use in your defence "I told the little F*&^%ing B4574rd " to make sue his hand as nowhere near it but TEENAGERS will never listen will they ;)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
ark-angel said:
Due to rising costs the cocking handle has been removed completely and a small hole into which you can insert your finger to c*** it has been introduced. It also eliminates the chances of little Timmy getting smacked by the little fatherless when he fcuks it up.
Will it be called the M3A1 ?

In the unlikely event that anyone wanted a sensible answer on this:

It has been established elsewhere on Arrse that the replacement will be L85A1 rifles converted to L85A2 standard but Semi Auto only (A new selector mechanism will be fitted/converted). They will not be a rework of the L98. The final designation has not been disclosed to my knowledge but I suspect it will be a completely new "L" number.

Feel free to go back to talking cr4p.

black--rider said:
You do know that we don't have L85 A1's yeah?

We have the L98 A1.

Coincidently, the cocking handle broke off my rifle today during a SAA lesson, bloody thing snapped in half :roll:

Mongo

LE
Kit Reviewer
EX_STAB said:
In the unlikely event that anyone wanted a sensible answer on this:
The process has begun, and apparently the North will be getting them first..

I think that will be happening from this Autumn, with us Southern fairies being due to get them in 2009, so more likely 2010/2011.

I have been one of the first to take training on the new regime in readiness for the introduction of the new rifles.

drill will be the same as l85s with forward assist, check reciever to R, not a lot different except there is no risk of little Timmy "accidently" switching it to A, knowing teenagers, they like to fiddle with anything, if not themselves, when told not to do something, chances are they will. to see why you said "no" thats teenagers for you :roll: