New C95

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Lord_Wentworth, Jul 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So when's this new kit being rolled out to those not on Ops? Is it just the C95 or will there be new webbing etc?
  2. in the year 2525....approx
  3. Thats a bit optimistic, isnt it?
  4. borrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg
  5. Im pretty sure it wont be called C95 when ever it arrives !
  6. Of course it will, CS95's can be "Combat Soldier 2095" you know :soldier:
  7. With money saving tips like that you will go far ,no need to print new labels or change 1157 etc
  8. Currently it's called MTP as part of the PECOC system.
  9. I should probably put it into GEMS, 100yrs between new kit for more efficiencies.

Problem is then that the CS95 we have at the moment would be pretty retro

10. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'm pretty sure MTP simply refers to the new camo pattern, the stuff that's being issued at the moment is still cut in the C95 style, the new PECOC cut will be coming out in the next couple of years (allegedly), the pattern will still be known as MTP.
  11. Thats it exactly.
  12. It'll be called Combat Wombat 86394 or something similarly ridiculous. Not that anybody will care, so long as it works; they'll be more interested in the deep meaningful questions like Do I iron it? Can I cut the sleeves off and clumsily sew them back on to look rolled up? If answer to 1 = yes, do I iron creases in odd places like across the back? Do I have to sew my TRF/brigade flash/trade patch/knot-tying badge on and which kneecap do they all go on?

It'll take less than a year for someone to wreck it with bizarre rules. I bet you.
  13. Does this mean I will finally get asked to hand in my puttees, foresight protector and frog bayonet or will I need yet another shed to house the redundant shite until I dekit 8O
  14. Will it need to be blancoed? :)
  15. Only for bed tuck.