New buzzphrases...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by regular_imbiber, Apr 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now, I've served in HQ UKSC(G) and like to think I've heard a few cracking and trendy buzzphrases in my time but even I can appreciate ones I've never heard before...

This week I attended a pre-HERRICK get-together during which a few guest speakers appeared and I heard the following during their spiels:

"Colonel,I'll stick to "X" if you dont mind; otherwise we might end up going down a few RABBIT- HOLES " :-D

"I was going to discuss "Y" but listening to some of the earlier speakers it would appear that SOMEONE HAS EATEN MY SANDWICHES" :-D

Where do these maniacs get it from?

2. Apparently this morning we were all singing off the same naafi wagon

3. Be careful with this thread there is a risk of tangentially spiralling...

Rodney2q

• Like Like x 2
  4. What the fuck is Granularity? Why can't these cunts talk plain English. Had to laugh though when a SNCO working in BGHQ tried applying officer words...........the fucking retard.

5. [TABLE="class: card"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Experiences
    [/TD]
    [TD]Virtualization
    [/TD]
    [TD]Touchpoints
    [/TD]
    [TD]Targeted
    [/TD]
    [TD]
    Out Source
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Metrics
    [/TD]
    [TD]Deliverable
    [/TD]
    [TD]Braindump
    [/TD]
    [TD]Turnkey
    [/TD]
    [TD]Customer Service
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Think Outside the Box
    [/TD]
    [TD]Google Juice
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: freecell"]BULLSHIT BINGO
    (free square)
    [/TD]
    [TD]Critical Path / Issue
    [/TD]
    [TD]Resource
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Key Factor / Words
    [/TD]
    [TD]Upside
    [/TD]
    [TD]Compelling
    [/TD]
    [TD]Business Plan
    [/TD]
    [TD]Team Player
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Best of Breed
    [/TD]
    [TD]End to end
    [/TD]
    [TD]Wow Factor
    [/TD]
    [TD]At the end of the day
    [/TD]
    [TD]Leadership
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

It's a word from the days of wet film, the size of the crystals on the negative (today you'd talk of how many megapixels).

7. Understand all that but how does the word fit into being a mission lexicon?

8. I should have explained. Print this off, hand to colleagues and wait for "BULLSHIT!" to be shouted when Lt. Rupert does his crap Powerpoint monologue.

Go to http://www.bullshitbingo.net/cards/bullshit/ for more cards. We've had hours of fun humiliating new and nervous Officers.

9. Working for the NHS it gets even better. The latest is Drilling Down on anything from an audit through to a budget, then to a bed occupancy meeting. WTF?

• Like Like x 1
  10. They've obviously been watching that rivetting documentary, The Apprentice! Thinking that those sorts of phrases are what are used in everyday business speak and applying said bollox to the military - and not realising that those of us who are now working in the stinking world of business also think that anyone using any phrase or word like that is, in actual fact, an utter twat hiding a lack of experience and knowledge behind said bollox.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so I should probably be working....

• Like Like x 2
  11. Brotherton Lad

It's a reference to the amount of detail, ranging from 'Big Hand-Small Map' to 'Can't see the wood for the trees'.

12. My son used to make up words like this pre-school,and here was I thinking that it was a load of gobledygook,if I had copied it down then,and put it into dictionary format,I'd be a 'Millionare'!

The English language is one of the most expressive,in the World,so why do these tossers make words/phrases up,when there are plenty awaiting discovery in any decent English Dictionary? =\\\\

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thta's because they've heard them being used further up the food chain, on tv programs from the US or seminars with a Power Speaker... usually a guy with weirdly lacquered hair and seriously bright teeth. Our record in Bingo is 17 seconds thanks to Lt. P Y... u little tosser.

14. It was actually quite saddening to note that old favourites like "lets's not get tangled in the weeds" and "thrown a track" are no longer in vogue.

15. Brotherton Lad

I hate PowerPoint.

I threw a track when the message came round listing the corporate fonts and colours we would be obliged to use in future.