New Brown Boots issue

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by craigh33, May 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there. I know there are a lot of posts about the new boots but couldn't find what I was looking for. My question is should i buy a new pair of black boots ( the issue black ones don't like my feet haha) before the new issue or is this a bit pointless? Also I was wondering if anyone has gotten them issued yet or sized at all? Also I'm TA so if it's anything like mtp was should I expect the new boots anytime soon?

2. Don't know about TA, but Aldershot clothing store now has them in.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The new brown boots will be coming to the TA soon. QMs are using up stocks of black boots first then browns are going to be issued. So I wouldn't bother buying any boots yet.

5. Ok thanks. Think I'll wait but by the sounds of it it shouldn't be too long.

6. He doesn't know, but says that he has two.

7. Seen a few people wearing those about the place. Was going to spend a few ££ on a pair of altbergs but for the money I think ill wait and see. Apparently my unit is going to size us up in the next month or two for the brown boots anyway :)

8. Brown boots, Brown boots!!!!!

What have things come to?

They'll look a treat, bulled, on the square.
    Or is drill out now too?

9. Fingers crossed.

10. Can't remember the last time I did drill...

11. My lot are now getting rid of the jungle boot surplus as they've run out of combat highs

12. Seem to be doing similar with our stores giving the recruits the goretex boots instead.

13. I am hoping that my unit start issuing the new brown boots soon. My combat assaults are crumbling faster than the operation Yew Trees suspects careers.

14. Allow me.

15. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Indeed, my lowas soles are crumbling steadily! I too have heard the rumour re black boot stocks being used first, not sure if I would rather have the boots or goretex first - decisions decisions...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)