New British Pub/Restaurant in Bielefeld

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Aleegee1698, Dec 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Didnt know where to post this, so as its related to getting shit-faced, I ll post it here.

For anyone living in the area, Mansergh Bks or PRB Bods, a new British Pub/Restaurant has opened in Brackwede on the Brockhagenerstr 61.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003164210247&sk=info

Have nt eaten there yet but according to Facefuck, it sounds quite good and the Proprieters are sound.

Apparently, they do a full-english daily and a Sunday carvery. Brit beers on draught.

2. Maybe it's me, I used to live in Ummeln, but WTF would you want to be in Germany for and eat english food?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pies???

4. Probably the same idiots that go to Spain and insist on eating in only Brit Cafes.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ah yes, full English Breakfast and English Fish and Chips with John Smiths. I body swerve places like that, it's not why I went overseas. I don't get it.

6. Says they do Karaoke so that guarantees I'll never cross the entrance.

7. Spent 4 years in Bielefeld back in the 80's/early 90's and never once saw the need fro this kind of thing. On the whole we all found German food to be a much better subsitute not only in the eating out department but wth fast food (gyros/schnelli) as well. If I wanted British food and beer I'd eat/drink in camp.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It will never last!

9. Be more bloody interesting if it was a chain of decent German bars opening over here, it's murder trying to get a draught Pilsner like the good old Herfie in this country.........and what about the Zigeuner Schnitzels ?.

• Like Like x 3
  10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The was a bloke who owned & ran a Schnellie van around the RAF stations in Lincolnshire & RAF Wittering,he had all the stuff flown over to the UK on the C-130 from Gutersloh to Lynham & he made a fortune!
    And iirc,the was an English chippy outside the main gate at Bracht outside Bruggen village when I was there,a lot of Boxheads used it & it was always bunged,I preferred the Schnellie outside the main gate at Bruggen (Javalin Bks) they did a cracking Gyros,beer in the Ghadafi was 1DM a pint (30p) & I could never understand why the blokes drank the Brit beer...Even now I prefer a German beir over Brit lager (English ales a different matter,but where I live it's all Bass ale & that's about it!) Thankfully,my local has Warsteiner on draught!:thumright:

11. The Schnelly is still there. The fucking horrors who work for NAAFI run a chippy on camp next to the shit box pre-fab faceless bar. The oil is always dirty and the scoff is either over cooked or under cooked. Schnelly all the way.

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Is the Chicken Inn still there (little hatch on the side of the mess ran by a couple boxheads)

13. DJ,
    If in Glasgow try The Beir Halle in Gordon St, And Weatherspoons do a few German bottled beers.

14. Wasn't that at Gut?

15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Dunno,but the was a Chicken Inn at Bruggen when I was there late 80's/early 90's.Literally straight opposite The Crossbow Club (the NAAFI club) I'm assuming the chippy PappaGolf refers to is where the vending machines were in the Naafi.
    Woke up many a Saturday after a session in the Footie Club after a Squadron Beer Call with the remnants of a Currywurst balance on my chest or glueing my face to the pillow...