new british barracks in germany site...

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by pupgreen, Mar 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mate of mines just put the finishing touches to this site will be of interest to all im sure

hope its of interest..
  2. The site has potential, though it needs (lots of) input. Layout plans and photos could draw in a wealth of anecdotes.

If I were your mate, I'd see about getting sponsorship as it could turn out to be a full time job sifting through and including information if the site takes off.
  3. Wish your mate good luck,seems a great idea.Will he be updating it?
  4. his address contact should be there hes after input..
  5. and of course any pics of barracks,as long as no opsec is breached..
  6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I have some photo's of Bruggen I'll dig out.
  7. Early stages, but loads of potential. Enjoyed looking at the site, some fond memories of various barracks.
  8. Has the potential to be a really good site for all the (ex) Cold War Warriors out there (*Ahem* 12 years out of 32 here..). Tell your mate: nice work & stick at it! I have added to favs and will be fascinated to see how it develops over time.
  9. If people contribute some decent photos that site has lots of potential. Two sites that immediately spring to mind that are not yet listed are Mülheim, home of 38 Sqn RCT, and Warendorf, home of some smelly RAOC fuel depot. Oh, Wulfen should be on it as well.
  10. Ah, yes. Mülheim an der Ruhr where one Arnold George Dorsey aka Engelbert Humperdinck served in the Army in the 1950s. Also home of the language school in BAOR.
  11. yes mates contact details are on the site all old photos welcomed,,ta,,
  12. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Superb site.
  13. Marvellous site! Well done that man! However, he's omitted the former RAF location up on the hill in Obernkirchen inhabited by 29 Fd Amb (but which also came under BFPO 29, same as BMH Rinteln).

I'm sure I've still got some old piccies floating around, particularly of when a 432 slid helplessly down the hill on the ice during a crashout (around 1970, I think), demolished the fence at the bottom and got stuck in some Kraut's back garden for a week until the wrecker pulled it out. I'll have to have a good butcher's at the weekend.

14. Great site.

Congrats on all the hard work obviously put into it.
  15. my mate whos site it is, is well chuffed,, over 1500 hits this week, thanks to all, as you say its a site that can only get bigger,,,cheers