• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

New British Army Logo

B

Brandt

I have it on good authority that recruiting offices up & down the country are merrily burning anything with the old "Be the Best" logo, to be replaced by the new "One Army" slogan.

Other than the expense (another topic), I have one comment: what is the first thing that springs to mind?

"One Army"... what you're left with when you leave? "One Leggy" maybe?

Is this just me?

I thought this thread was called 'British Army Lego',had it of been,I would have stipulated to the manufacturers that on said boxes,a disclaimer should be issued "some key parts of this kit may be missing".

Random_Task said:
I thought this thread was called 'British Army Lego',had it of been,I would have stipulated to the manufacturers that on said boxes,a disclaimer should be issued "some key parts of this kit may be missing".
Yeah, that's 'cause they've started making them in Poland.

Tartan_Terrier said:
Random_Task said:
Yeah, that's 'cause they've started making them in Poland.
Is that to go with the 'Lego Autobahn set'?

Brandt said:
I have it on good authority that recruiting offices up & down the country are merrily burning anything with the old "Be the Best" logo, to be replaced by the new "One Army" slogan.

Other than the expense (another topic), I have one comment: what is the first thing that springs to mind?

"One Army"... what you're left with when you leave? "One Leggy" maybe?

Is this just me?
How much folding stuff did they spend in the rebranding from 'Be the Best' a positive inspirational statement! Thats is applicable to the all arms and across the new 'one army concept' and the say nothing of substance 'One Army' glib throw away remark...

I see the work of government special advisers and private sector at work here! i just answered my own question didnt I!

Since being in Art and design i realise that it is important to keep a 'brand' fresh but if the Government and the MOD 'brand focus groups' 'used the current ops and factual reporting and support... Opps i just answered my own question again didnt I!

I give up. 'Logo' - what the fcuk is a logo? Is the Army now a chain-store?

Are we to have 'cap-logos' instead of cap badges or cap stars?

The 'shit for brains grinning spiv' who thought 'change' was good has gone thank goodness, albeit replaced by an even worse utter nonentity, so why this adherence to changing everything?

The Army has a badge and has had a badge for longer than I can remember.

Is this fatuous activity the thousand PR twats the MOD employs trying to find something to do?

Random_Task said:
Me too, I was looking to get some for my nephew's Christmas. :)

I think Lego would be pretty apt, though.

A very small number of parts that can be constantly rearranged into different shapes to make it look bigger, just like the Army.

Endless uses, just like the Army.

Can be built into rough facsimiles of other things and used in their stead, just like the Army.

The people who decide how it's used don't need much practicality and can let their imaginations run free...

Mind you, I've yet to find an light-role company group down the back of the sofa.

halo_jones said:
Since being in Art and design I realise that it is important to keep a 'brand' fresh but if the Government and the MOD 'brand focus groups' 'used the current ops and factual reporting and support... Opps I just answered my own question again didn't I?
And therein lies the problem. If it ain't broke etc. The thing that irks me - and a good many others - is that brands with a long-established identity are invariably first in the firing line when some young Turk in advertising wishes to stamp his mark on the 'industry'. Some brands have pedigree stretching back many decades - that is until some new kid in the boardroom decides it time for some money wastage to 'better reflect the blah de blah' of the company.

The 'idea' is then farmed out to some overpaid mong in an agency who successfully manages to 'brand out' any of the original product identity and therefore nullifying years' worth of the very thing that the corporate world strives to achieve, i.e. long-lasting product/brand identity that is instantly recognisable to the consumer... and invariably wasting immesnse amounts of cash in the process.

And don't even start me of on logos. That gay, bi 'logo' is a fcuking disgrace by the way. As for the Army - one or otherwise. If there really has to be a mission statement then there can be only one: It does exactly what it says on the tin!

Not to be too critical but this seems to be very similar to the 'failed' ad campaign by the US Army of a few years ago:

An Army of One...no one knew what it meant, dumped on it bcause it seemed to fly in the face of 'team work' etc. etc. etc...

Then, of course, there was the earlier US thingy" One Man Army"- or was that a toy [ pardon - action figure ]

A great deal of people were very upset that the army came up with “Be The Best”. It said everything that needs to be said about the army. Compared to the rest they are the best. The US army would love to have it but they got……. And it escapes my mind what they have.

Any one remember “consignia”.

Latest Threads