New British Army Logo

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Brandt, Oct 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have it on good authority that recruiting offices up & down the country are merrily burning anything with the old "Be the Best" logo, to be replaced by the new "One Army" slogan.

Other than the expense (another topic), I have one comment: what is the first thing that springs to mind?

"One Army"... what you're left with when you leave? "One Leggy" maybe?

Is this just me?
  2. Wouldn't "THE British Army" have more impact than "just One Army among many"?
  3. Apart from which, doesn't the use of "One Army" infringe copyright:

Their slogan is:
    (where Aggie is an agricultural student)
  4. I thought this thread was called 'British Army Lego',had it of been,I would have stipulated to the manufacturers that on said boxes,a disclaimer should be issued "some key parts of this kit may be missing".
  5. Yeah, that's 'cause they've started making them in Poland.
  6. Is that to go with the 'Lego Autobahn set'?
  7. How much folding stuff did they spend in the rebranding from 'Be the Best' a positive inspirational statement! Thats is applicable to the all arms and across the new 'one army concept' and the say nothing of substance 'One Army' glib throw away remark...

I see the work of government special advisers and private sector at work here! i just answered my own question didnt I!

Since being in Art and design i realise that it is important to keep a 'brand' fresh but if the Government and the MOD 'brand focus groups' 'used the current ops and factual reporting and support... Opps i just answered my own question again didnt I!
  8. I spotted the ad for that on Armynet, to say that I was surprised would be putting it mildly.
  9. I give up. 'Logo' - what the fcuk is a logo? Is the Army now a chain-store?

Are we to have 'cap-logos' instead of cap badges or cap stars?

The 'shit for brains grinning spiv' who thought 'change' was good has gone thank goodness, albeit replaced by an even worse utter nonentity, so why this adherence to changing everything?

The Army has a badge and has had a badge for longer than I can remember.

Is this fatuous activity the thousand PR twats the MOD employs trying to find something to do?
  10. Me too, I was looking to get some for my nephew's Christmas. :)

I think Lego would be pretty apt, though.

A very small number of parts that can be constantly rearranged into different shapes to make it look bigger, just like the Army.

Endless uses, just like the Army.

Can be built into rough facsimiles of other things and used in their stead, just like the Army.

The people who decide how it's used don't need much practicality and can let their imaginations run free...

Mind you, I've yet to find an light-role company group down the back of the sofa.
  11. Perhaps you should buy a bigger sofa?
  12. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

um...what exactly is wrong with just calling it "The British Army"?
  13. Perhaps the use of "British" isn't politically correct and suggests that it isn't socially inclusive?