New Breeks

Morning all,

I am currently looking at buying a new pair of breeks - the ones I have have sadly given up the ghost. Whilst I am wincing slightly at the prices, I'm prepared to invest in a good pair that will last me a good few years for both driven & rough shooting. I am really now looking at the rather more pricey options - windproof & waterproof breeks for c.£225 - but am also keen to avoid going over the top if I can spend a bit less and get the same. I've been looking at John Norris, Hoggs, and Musto websites - can anyone recommend any other sites or clothing worth considering?

With many thanks

DSJ

A small magazene called ' Dalesman ' used to carry an advert. for moleskin breeks made to order, mine lasted donkeys years.
Don't think they were overly pricy, But, 'reet good value fo' thee' brass '

CrabfatBill.

ugly

LE
Nomad stealth fleece breeks, very pricey but unbelievably good!

£225 for what is half a pair of trouser????......Try Yorkshire game Angling or Walkers of Trowell, the latter been more expensive but less than a deposit on a house, (£225, **** me never have I paid more than £40.....ever)

This lot do made-to-measure tweed breeks from £160, in your choice of cloth. I've seen something on their website about getting them fully lined with Ventile for an extra £70, but I can't find the option to do so on the order form.

Don't shoot with people posh or understanding enough to wear them but HOGGS moleskins are good quality and well tailored.

Try the Yorkshire trading coy they have a fair bit of shooting clothes in stock.

ugly

LE
I was just thinking along similar lines, my moleskin breeks now resemble a North Korean **** sock.

I'd also like to get hold of a new "gamekeepers style-shooting suit." I wear the old one for posher shoots here, the Germans lap that up, but its getting quite long in the tooth!

Any tips where to get one?

Have one tailored?? If you'll be wearing it a lot maybe worth the outlay? BASC have quite a few good links

ugly

LE
Cynics would say it was just a way of suppliers to add between 20% and 50% to the purchase price ... I suppose military equivalent on E Bay is ... " As used by Special Forces " .

Latest Threads