Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the best way for breaking in new issue boots?

2. wear them

3. walk up n down a stream in them they say it softens the leather or else start doin about 5 miles a day in them. or buy a pair of Lowas

4. I have Lowa's, and they are great, but now I have to go back to issue boots, and I know that wearing them will work, but I want to know if there are any easy and quick ways?

5. Like the OLD sweats did . . . Pee in them . . . . .

6. I've heard boiling a kettle, and pouring the water over them while you wear them works well. Is there much truth in this?

7. I used the toilet, far easier. 8O

8. Is that before or after use??

9. After, the flush then churns the pee and boots together, thus massaging it into the leather. :)

10. Ah, I see, you then have soft leather boots but the enemy smell you coming!!

11. Correct, but it also confuses them, as their not sure if its soldiers or a couple of tramps coming back from a night out, so you basically get the draw on them first.

12. So that's how Terry Taliban is doing it, have you told the Mod yet?

13. Tape up the points of your feet that you know suffer when wearing boots, and wear them for a few days. No better or worse method!

14. with my old motorbike racings leathers what i did was got in a warm bath wearing them. it supples the leather up a bit more and then they are better to wear. try this mate....they are leather and i did it with a pair of £250 bike boots before and it worked. just make sure you let them dry out naturally else you will ruin the leather and it`ll start drying out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.