New boots won't shine

I did bring up that they're field boots and not meant to be shined but I was told because it's such a "high profile parade" that I need them gleaming as I'm representing my battalion to meet the Queen personally.
She is going to think you are a right lazy cnut.

She'd be wrong though, so the OP should print this thread out so he can show her.

I got a new pair of altberg defenders and I've also got leader Gris mod brown. No matter how much I polish them they won't shine or at least look smart. I need this squaring away before next Thursday as we have a st David's day parade with HM the Queen.
Something to help you polish them boots

You can't speak to the @Garrison god like that.

Who on earth do you think you are? He's having tea with The Queen soon, and you are in SO much trouble.

In an unusual fit of helpful pique I'll give up my secret to shiny shiny booty boots.

I use the leader gris but when a shine is required (fortunately rarely) I now use this:

Available easily online for next day delivery. Make sure you go for the "mid brown" as the dark tan will turn your boots purple.

You'll be toeing one up Liz's least favourite corgi before you can say "Head on a pike"...

STand next to someone who has worse boots than you, thats my plan....
I intend to stand near you with my gleaming boots....

In an unusual fit of helpful pique I'll give up my secret to shiny shiny booty boots.

I use the leader gris but when a shine is required (fortunately rarely) I now use this:

Available easily online for next day delivery. Make sure you go for the "mid brown" as the dark tan will turn your boots purple.

You'll be toeing one up Liz's least favourite corgi before you can say "Head on a pike"...
Looks good, but a tenner a tin? I'll stick with Parade Gloss

Looks good, but a tenner a tin? I'll stick with Parade Gloss
Faaaaarkinell, is it? I got bought a shed load of it a few years ago and am still using it.

Your boots are oily.

Dab them with lighter fluid to remove the residue from the leder gris.

Heat will get the oil from the pores. Use a pocket rocket like on the old ammo boots.

I esc`red before the new boots came in, but wasn't there a directive from on high that they weren't supposed to be bulled? How f'ing stupid are we to insist on doing something to equipment that it wasn't designed for and is probably damaging tot he ing term care of the equipment. Can't a grown up once and for all say 'do not bull brown boots'?

I esc`red before the new boots came in, but wasn't there a directive from on high that they weren't supposed to be bulled? How f'ing stupid are we to insist on doing something to equipment that it wasn't designed for and is probably damaging tot he ing term care of the equipment. Can't a grown up once and for all say 'do not bull brown boots'?
What you mean like with black boots (assault boots was it?) that were similarly supposed to be not bulled?

Or the response to a grown up saying 'down and out' in relation to the wearing of the PCS lightweight jacket?

They're not s'posed to be shiny, end of. Bulling boots was an invention of National Service "Devil makes work for idle hands" kind of thing.

In reality using anything other than the manufacturer recommended polish on their boots is going to knacker them, I know that Leder Gris is expensive but it's designed for the particular leather and processes they use, the same for Hiax etc...