• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

New boots won't shine

I got a new pair of altberg defenders and I've also got leader Gris mod brown. No matter how much I polish them they won't shine or at least look smart. I need this squaring away before next Thursday as we have a st David's day parade with HM the Queen.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I got a new pair of altberg defenders and I've also got leader Gris mod brown. No matter how much I polish them they won't shine or at least look smart. I need this squaring away before next Thursday as we have a st David's day parade with HM the Queen.
You won't get them to shine with leder gris, use polish.

These are boots that should not be shined. They're field boots.

I did bring up that they're field boots and not meant to be shined but I was told because it's such a "high profile parade" that I need them gleaming as I'm representing my battalion to meet the Queen personally.

I did bring up that they're field boots and not meant to be shined but I was told because it's such a "high profile parade" that I need them gleaming as I'm representing my battalion to meet the Queen personally.
Bolleaux.

If its that important an event, ask for boots that can be shined. The previous issue boot can be made a bit shiney.

I accidentally used the black off brush on them and introduced black polish onto them, and further brown polish has now started to bring a shine to them, may wish to experiment with different types of polish and see

As Dredd says. And make sure you apply at least two coats. OK, takes a bit longer, but pays off when it's time for inspection.
The night before the parade make sure and use some T-Cut, followed by a couple of coats of turtle wax.

Take a look at this page and try to guess which of the products you want.

Leder Gris

Frame a NIG with some bullshit faux pas. Dick said NIG to bull them for you.

Must this be so difficult? :)

The Queen is parading? Have we run out of soldiers who can do it for her?
actually re-reading the first post, is it just the pair of you parading?

Yes, all the yellow flakes and cracks never failed to impress the Badge.
if you did it right it was ok.
Unless you did it the way Pte R*****e did and just pour a bottle over each unpolished boot. That went spectacularly wrong. They went green.
Or when Smudge did his JHW elbow pads with it, neat, and his JHW snapped.

Easy to get a shine with leder gris really. Use a good brush to work the leder gris in until it starts to shine up, then leave to dry off for about 10 mins, after that shine it up with the off brush. I can get mine easily as good as a normal polish, it just takes a few more coats. Leder gris also doesn't seem to "dry" in the usual sense, it'll always be a bit oily but i'm guessing that's the way its meant to be. If some twat is insisting highly shined boots either tell them to do one or provide you with appropriate footwear & FAD. We met a few ACF units during time at garelochhead, they came up for one of the weekends while we were training up there, the majority were absolutely fine but as per the regulars and reserves there's always going to be a few knobs taking things too far, you seem to have of met one.

Latest Threads