new boots for cyprus in april.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by STAB-fusilier, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all,
    just wondering with my annual camp coming up in april to cyprus, which boots i should consider purchasing. currently i use altberg warriors aqua, and my feet sweat in these like an absolute cnut. i was considering buying a new pair anyway, with the possible candidates being, altberg sneekers, peacekeeper p1 or jungle boots. i need somthing that is unlined, but somthing that i will still be able to wear in the uk at least some of the year. cheers SF

2. msr

msr LE

What's wrong with the issue black cadillacs?

3. Did 5 camps in cyprus always had a pair of these to hand very useful and a real taliking point;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bensanjose1959/2767677649/

4. Altberg desert microlite

5. Whatever you wear, it may be the last time you visit the place in Uniform if the closure plans go ahead.

6. Well, as its the 60th anniversary of Clark's original dessies, get yourself a pair of these and fly the flag.

[​IMG]

7. I recently spent 2 years in Cyprus, excepting tours to sandy and rocky places. The issue boots were fine and, given the terrain, I would stick with them. Certainly previous versions of the desert fox etc, while cool, were not up to scratch. I would stick with leather and Apr is still not that hot there.

8. It will depend on if you are getting issued desserts or staying in green. If its in green I would go with some black jungle boots. You can wear them in the summer in the UK. If you get desserts go with some cheap second hand dessert boots if you are aloud to wear them. No point in spunking money if you are only going to wear them for two weeks.

9. issue boots cope with cyprus fine.
    its mostly rock if you stray from a bar or sangar so anything lightweight may well get fucked.
    jungle boots will work if you want to spend money but april its quite pleasant
    so anything not goretex lined will work well.

danner boots in a cypriot summer er my feet are looking a bit odd :twisted:

10. will be staying in green, looking at either sneakers or jungle boots then.

11. Let me get this straight.

You're off for two weeks 'camp' to Cyprus and you want to 'buy' a new pair of boots to do it in?

I know any fool can be uncomfortable, isn't this taking the p!ss just a little?

What's wrong with the kit from the man at Q and M? You too schpeshul to do it in issued kit or just have too much cash for gucci gear you really don't need and that won't make you a better soldier anyway?

12. i would advise you to re-read the original post, where i clearly state that i was considering a new pair anyway. i hate CABS with a passion, are u honestly saying everything you use is from the QM's?. probly not i recon.

13. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

does the QM issue spellcheckers? :p

14. howabout a nice pair of open toed sandals :soldier:

15. Ta very much for the advice, I read it well enough the first time, and I still ask you, "What's wrong with the kit from the man at Q and M? You too schpeshul to do it in issued kit or just have too much cash for gucci gear you really don't need and that won't make you a better soldier anyway"?

I think you need to toughen up sunshine, it's the man that makes the kit, not the kit that makes the man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.