New Book "When Soldiers Dance" (Canadian Army based)

This Book is written by a long time friend of mine. He's a serving member of the RCMP, but before that was a Trooper in a Canadian Armoured Regiment.

The book is fiction, but as with all good works of fiction, it draws heavily on non-fictional events.

When Soldiers Dance
P.J. Marsden

Brendan Smedley is a man in his late teens who is coming of age within the highly restrictive, banal, and often brutal world of the military. It is the seventies, and Brendan discovers the quickest way to escape his dysfunctional family is through the army. Shy, intelligent, and lacking self-confidence, Brendan finds the loose, carnal environment of soldiering to be disconcerting. He must deal with a simple-minded bully as well as a castigating Sergeant who knows the horrors of the battlefield. Brendan?s journey eventually takes him and the Sergeant on a peace-keeping mission to a far-off land. It is there that the two commit an act of merciful courage, yet at the same time take with them a terrible secret. When Soldiers Dance is a humorous story about growing up, experiencing a first love, testing the boundaries of loyalties, and getting over life?s hurdles.

Hey QMan, not hinting that the finest Mortar Platoon this side of "Pago Pago" shoots slightly to the left of center are you?

Where the devil did that rumor start?

It just "Male Bonding" and too many people get the wrong idea. Ahem....

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Oi ! I'll have you know that 3 Para Mortars had the finest girlie wardrobe this side of...... well, 1 Para Mortars. (Their shoes were nicer)

QMan9193 said:
So its not about 3Para's Mortar Plt then?
Nothing so glamorous as that, sorry.

You'll just have to read it and find out 8)

It should be out now, I think it will be available through Amazon, for one

QMan9193 said:
Is it the follow up to 'The general danced til dawn'?
No. Different author. Not a follow up to 'Generals die in bed' either.

Has anyone read this book?

At a time of overly serious books and books from the "expert media" it makes for a good entertaining read, for a change.

It'd make a great movie

moved up for all the new Canadians on site.