New Book War Trials

Hi all - I wanted to flag a new book about the investigation of British soldiers after Iraq and the impact on one particular soldier. The book's called War Trials and is out now from Pen and Sword Books.

WAR TRIALS tells the gripping and in-depth true story of a British soldier’s role in the drowning of an Iraqi teenager in May 2003, the devastating investigation and resulting court martial. This narrative non-fiction tracks the soldier’s life from tight-knit broken family home in Merseyside through deadly urban conflict in the Middle East, to a different battle fought against PTSD while he awaited a military tribunal back in the UK. The military court case in 2006 marked the first of its kind relating to the Iraq war and a case that opened the flood gates of multiple investigations and inquiries into the conduct of soldiers overseas.

The author is also doing an online talk and Q&A through the Tring Book Festival on 30th April.
www tringbookfestival dot co dot uk/

Cover.png

I, for one, look forward to hearing how the tight-knit broken family's dry humour was steeped in the spirit of Sir Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton casting his shadow in the darkness.

Hi all - I wanted to flag a new book about the investigation of British soldiers after Iraq and the impact on one particular soldier. The book's called War Trials and is out now from Pen and Sword Books.

WAR TRIALS tells the gripping and in-depth true story of a British soldier’s role in the drowning of an Iraqi teenager in May 2003, the devastating investigation and resulting court martial. This narrative non-fiction tracks the soldier’s life from tight-knit broken family home in Merseyside through deadly urban conflict in the Middle East, to a different battle fought against PTSD while he awaited a military tribunal back in the UK. The military court case in 2006 marked the first of its kind relating to the Iraq war and a case that opened the flood gates of multiple investigations and inquiries into the conduct of soldiers overseas.

The author is also doing an online talk and Q&A through the Tring Book Festival on 30th April.
www tringbookfestival dot co dot uk/

View attachment 566861
Will Phil Shiner be talking at the lecture as well?

Latest Threads