New book suggestion

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, Mar 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I would normally post this in the Book Club forum, but mayhaps it is more suited here.

I realise that for the majority of adherents to this august Forum, reading of actual books is a definite no-no. However, especially those who are contractually linked to a person of the female persuasion, i.e. married, this book may just be of benefit.

I have not been able to obtain a copy through the post for review, or indeed someone brave enough to review it; but some of you may find it useful as a source of reference.

The book is "Understanding Women" - see the following

Understanding Women.jpg

I believe that it is due out in paperback format soon :)
    • Like Like x 3
  2. The book you mention is actually slightly bigger.The book pictured is an MP's guide to claiming expenses.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RezzaDue

RezzaDue Old-Salt Book Reviewer

and i heard that was the pocket edition !
  4. Sorry to disappoint you lads, that's just the Table of Contents.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. My old man always said "anyone who tries to understand a woman is a fool and anybody who thinks he does understand a woman is a complete Idiot".
  6. "For a woman to be happy with a man, she should love him a little and understand him completely. For a man to be happy with a woman, he should love her completely and not try to understand her at all."

Can't remember who said it, but truly he was a man (definitely a man) of genius.
  7. Auld Yin I have a copy of that tome, you are almost correct, the title on the spine is;

'Understanding Women, Errata, Vol one, Annex Three, Aa-Ad' ISBN666.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Its now been uploaded on to a 200TB main frame and can be sent to you on disk by post.

It comes in 365 volumes and there is also a translation disk for the more difficult concepts like logic.
  9. If a man could be bothered to read that he would ignore as he would think that he knows best.
  10. Old Yin you have brightened up my day sah !!!! well done now take yesterday off
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Fixed that for you Doll. I realise that it was difficult for you to string your original post together but don't worry, we won't say anything.

12. By the time he's read and digested that, the woman would have changed her mind anyway!
  13. I have my own book about understanding wimmin and it's entitled Who Gives A Fuck.
  14. Try living with a ginger male who doesn't drink. I suppose him working away most of the week gives me respite.
  15. And gives his sphincter time to contract!