New Book Dusty Warriors

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by the_boy_syrup, Apr 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Sorry if its been done elswhere but....

Just been reading about a soon to be released book called Dusty Warriors by Prof Richard Holmes
    This book is about to be released in April and contains personal accounts of 1 PWRR's tour of Al Ammarah on Telic 4
    Prof Holmes is very pro Britsh Army and I believe he served as TA/Reg for a few years and is Colonel of 1 PWRR
    It should be a good read but I was wondering if any member of 1 PWRR had been interviewed or had seen an advanced copy?
    Does it focus mostly on those who where quite rightly decorated or does it have across the board tales of everyday life?

I was at Abu Naji with 1 PWRR BG so I will get it anyway but I was just interested in its general contents
    Will this now lead to the long awaited film '' 67 days at Al Ammarah '' that has been muted by PTP elswhere on this forum

Sorry I can't post the link as I am a techno gimp but if you Google Dusty Warriors it will give you about 4 links

8) 8) :lol: :p
  2. No, it actually gives 494,000. Bit of a difference there!