New Book, called WASTED RESOURECE by Steven Preece

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by StevenPreece, Jun 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just released a new book called Wased Resource.

The books purpose is to highlight issues that some former service personnel experience, such as homlessness, PTSD, Alcoholism and difficulties with adapting to civvy street. However, I've snapped these issues into the crime, action and adventure story line.

Additionally, it highlights the Waste of Military skills after soldiers demob, when could be better utilised to fight against, organised crime, drugs and terrorism etc

http://www.arrse.co.uk/book-club/162718-new-book-wasted-resource-steven-preece.html#post3742065

Taaaaaakkkkeeee Coovvver.

Steve

2. Porridge_gun said it was pigwank.

3. Why would anyone put a post like this to advertise their book in the Naafi; surely the Int Cell would be much more likely to get informed comment and feedback rather than the drivel that has already started to appear here.

I Like the Naafi and am a frequent (probably too frequent) visitor but this does not fit in here!

4. The book review will hit A-Y's inbox tonight.

5. did you enjoy the read then

6. Saying nothing until the official review is released :)

7. I know it's not really on to criticise someone's work especially if they've tried to do something you personally wouldn't/couldn't do.

But oh my God the Prologue and chapter one are so fucking dull.

‘I was a Mountain Leader and worked mainly as a sniper during
    both Gulf wars. I killed more than my fair share of people. Many
    of them just fell like puppets with their strings cut.’ His smile
    widened as his thoughts drifted off recalling how content he was
    with his life then. ‘I wish I could turn the clock back. I absolutely loved being a marine.’

I think if you aimed this at kids you might do ok, but the new McNab or Ryan (not that it's saying a lot mind......) you are not.

8. I hope the spelling and punctuation are better in the book itself. You don't even appear to be able to decide how to spell the title. Think I'll give it a miss.

9. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Why is this in the NAAFI you dribbling underpant?

10. Whoops, apologies guys. I hadn't realised that this was in the wrong area.

Best Regards

steve