New Book by author of My War Gone By, How I Miss It

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Private_Pike, Feb 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have you read My War by Colby Buzzell....I admit I was a bit of a traitor and read it (its written by a Yank soldier) but its a good read. Deffo brings home the differences between the way the Brits are trained to the US. I am not a soldier but I can't imagine that the British are taught 'if it moves - shoot it'.
    Anyway - just thought you may be interested....

H xx
  2. Ah yes, that was about Bosnia wasn't it? I remember that, about him wearing CBA initially then being shamed by the locals he was living with into braving Sniper's Alley without it.
  3. Looks one to look forward to. My War Gone By... was good and, along with David Loyn's Frontline and Aidan Hartley's The Zanzibar Chest, adds to a growing batch of pretty gripping accounts both of the human damage of conflicts and the human damage of reporting it.
  4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Little did they know it wouldn't stop 7.62 sov bloc anyway...
  5. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Read "My War" some time ago,I can say i enjoyed it a lot. I looked up the web site at the time too(dont know if its still going). It was interesting just to view the differing approach to training and the different attitude and professionalism shown by the Yanks. The attitude to the drugs test he underwent at the recruiting office was an eyeopener and just goes to show how desparate they are to get bods in no matter what.
  6. Three pages from him with 42 in Helmand in today's Times.