New Bond Book - Devil May Care

Has anyone read this one yet? I've heard it's had rave reviews.

I see Sebastian Faulks has written it and I've really enjoyed his books Birdsong, Charlotte Gray etc.

This is a little quote from the BBC:

Sebastian Faulks has emerged as the author chosen to write a new officially endorsed James Bond novel.
The British writer - whose books include Birdsong and Charlotte Gray - was commissioned by the Fleming estate last year but his identity kept secret.

Devil May Care is set in "several of the world's most thrilling cities" during the Cold War.

The book will be published on 28 May next year to mark the centenary of Ian Fleming's birth.

The Fleming estate announced last year that it had commissioned a "well known and highly respected" writer for the task.

I'm betting that Bond is now caring and respectful towards the equal sex, doesn't smoke his turkish fags from the Burlington Arcade and hesitates before greasing the baddie as he feels his pain. When I hear otherwise, I'll have my valet purchase the book.

Whiskybreath said:
I'm betting that Bond is now caring and respectful towards the equal sex, doesn't smoke his turkish fags from the Burlington Arcade and hesitates before greasing the baddie as he feels his pain. When I hear otherwise, I'll have my valet purchase the book.
Nope, he still sh@gs, drinks and slots like a squaddie! :lol:

Just a bit weird reading a new book set in(I think)the late 60's...