New Bn for London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news following D Infs direction that London should have a 2nd infantry Bn to help with CCRF - I hear it on good authority that it will be called the 2nd Bn The London Regiment - Expect an announcement soon.

farrell said:
Great news following D Infs direction that London should have a 2nd infantry Bn to help with CCRF - I hear it on good authority that it will be called the 2nd Bn The London Regiment - Expect an announcement soon.
they could make up the numbers from the Reg bn's they are disbanding :(

Not baiting you Farrel ( I know that you are bigger than me!! ) but will this be a brand new one or a split along an obvious line?
I hate to disappoint you Bravo, but each Bn will have a Jacket company - good/bad depending on your point of view

soldier soldier said:
More RGJ? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... :lol: London needs more squaddies though.. and more TA centres!
TAC's in London wont they be too expensive. Anyway my bugle used to be bigger than yours!

Resurrecting 4 RGJ would be an admission that they were wrong to disband it in the first place, so I don't think it will happen.

Given LONDONS have six rifle coys at the moment anyway, what advantage will a 2nd Bn give, apart from an extra 100 LSNs in a new HQ Coy.

London_Jock said:
Resurrecting 4 RGJ would be an admission that they were wrong to disband it in the first place, so I don't think it will happen.
quote]

I dont think that mentality will come into it to be honest, they scrapped the Junior soldiers entry years ago and brought it back in under a different name :D

8 coys in 2 Bns

Expansion is rumoured to be an additional PWRR Coy based on the existing TAC in Hornsey and another RGJ Coy - Mile End and/or Clifton Street but I've not heard how the cap badges will be mixed over the 2 Bns.

One thing is for certain, there will NOT be an RGJ Bn. Multi cap badge Bns are here to stay - and be warned, where the TA leads the regular army usually follows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads