New bitch on the block - Nanny Tessas hubby

:twisted:

Liabour corruption - it's endemic!

Jowell husband facing fraud trial

The husband of Culture Secretary Tessa Jowell has been ordered by an Italian judge to stand trial for alleged fraud.

Lawyer David Mills is among 14 people, including former Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi, who will face charges of tax fraud and embezzlement.

The case centres on the purchase of US broadcasting rights by Mr Berlusconi's company Mediaset.

Mr Mills, who separated from Ms Jowell earlier this year, said he is "completely innocent".

Mr Mills is alleged to have set up offshore firms that helped Mr Berlusconi's media company avoid tax liability on TV rights.

Judge Fabio Paparella ordered Mr Mills to stand trial on charges of false accounting, embezzlement and tax fraud.

Milan prosecutors Fabio De Pasquale and Alfredo Robledo have conducted a three-year investigation into Mediaset.

It is alleged that US TV rights were bought at inflated prices and more than £40m in tax was evaded as a result.

In a related case, Mr Berlusconi is accused of paying Mr Mills £325,000 for not revealing details of his media empire in two court cases.

Preliminary hearings began in October last year, and the trial is set to start in Italy on 21 November.

Mr Mills told the BBC: "I've been through such evidence as there is, that they've put forward and I'm advised by very eminent Italian counsel that in fact and the law I'm completely innocent.

"I mean, I feel that I'm innocent, I know I'm innocent, I know I've done nothing wrong and I feel completely serene about the outcome."

All the defendants deny the allegations.

Get them all in the court in a cage, confiscate their hair dye, and after a scrupulously fair trial, send them down where they belong for a long, long, long time. And Mr Mills, enjoy the continuing peace and serenity associated with being separated from Tessa bleeding Jowell.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 0
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 0
msr ARRSE: Site Issues 6