New Belfast Westlink flooded!Norn Iron really is boggy..

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Aug 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Opps,Looks like the planners screwed the pooch on this one! Torrential rain was forcast last week & you would think that with the floods in England,the planners would heed warnings.

Norn Iron sinking fast...

2. It was certainly a bit moist. I towed a couple of cars out of a wee puddle down the road (river?) from my place; some people think that the higher the bow wave they generate, the quicker they'll get through the water...
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Driving home from work last night on the A2 was a bit hairy.Despite the torrential rain & surface water,some penile extensions were still driving like idiots!!I could feel my little Pug slipping a bit on the road.
    It's nice & sunny in the Dee today but I gather the's more heavy rain on the way.
  4. Perhaps the Norn Iron goverment should have a road sign like the one in my sig block!

5. That'll probably be the height of their action! Certainly cheaper than a lot of digging and concrete. I wonder whether this will be reflected in the BMAP?

Steve Nolans show has been interesting (in no small part cos Dennis Murray is standing in for the lardy boy). I have to say I felt limited sympathy for the people who had installed new kitchens despite being flooded 14 months previously. Optimism triumphing over critical thinking.