New BBC 'Glam' army medic 'Our Girl' series 'Taster'

Hope your "mate" didn't get the crabs. ;-)
The dit was that she went home with at least $18,000. Keep in mind that septics tend to exaggerate somewhat. No, my mate didn't get crabs, he got chlamydia. I always avoid seafood myself.

As a Recruiting tool I thought it was first class.
I for one am now off to join "Special Forces", as I have all the entry requirements; a pair of posh sunglasses, a big black holdall and a beard.

What I like is that no one is wearing any of their own rig. It's all issues kit. Even the "SF" have those shit black bags

BorED85

What I like is that no one is wearing any of their own rig. It's all issues kit. Even the "SF" have those shit black bags

BorED85
Did you put your name at the end of your post in case we didn't know it was you?

Cheers,
Dale.

30 seconds into the 'taster' and he's texting away on his personal phone in an [implied] operational theatre. I know it's fiction but at least try and make it realistic
does he make it look realsitic like Pvte Bradelina Mannering did....?

I find x hamster is much better for watching fit women rather than shite made for TV series.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The first series was OK, the second series went down the soap opera route and had little to do with the army, more about who the SF boyfriend was shagging and ex fiances.

Bring back the original lass* who was much more believable and get the storyline back into camp.

The first series was about a young lass from a poor slightly dysfunctional family who struggled a bit at the start of army life but settled in. It would have been better if her story had continued showing progress in her career rather than going to the glam of series two!

*Lacy Turner
Lacey_Turner_2016.jpg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Still looks a bit too soapy. The berets looked alright though,for a change. Having said that,Keegs seemed to be missing the cherry backing to her capbadge.
Wasn't missing any of her make up though!

There's about 3 more threads on this, but I chose this one by sticking a pin in my laptop screen.

I've decided that I can't watch another episode of Our Girl. It was fucking dire. Why were they sending anyone out into the drug dealer/wild animal/spiky traps infested ouloo, never mind national treasure Michelle Keegan and her heroic team of problem solvers? Unless they wanted them to be seriously injured or eaten. Mind you, by the end of it, I wouldn't have cared. When Capt Weakchin managed to get caught in that trap, he was screaming like a girl, then 2 mins later he was hobbling along as if he'd twisted his knee. I'm not even going to comment on Meesh's acting skills, but when him from Casualty called them both into his office for a discussion about her "relationship" with Elvis, my shoulders were right up to my ears and my face was all sherbet lemonny.

Did Spider/ @Deserter write the script?

Oh, and the replacement for SAS Elvis should have stuck to doing voiceovers as Russell Crowe. He's shit, and nowhere near as easy on the eye.

Well, I've leant loads about the Army...

For example, I note that "Our Girl" keeps giving all the field orders. I had no idea that a Cpl Medic outranked an infantry Captain. I'll mention that to the next LMA I come across...

Gen dit - it really happened over several days in April 1982 - a heatwave which resulted in several grass fires. :eek:

Mind you, we were training for the Falklands so it was only to be expected. I'm sure the units training for Afghan and Iraq got the usual rain/sleet/fog etc. :)
My Battalion did Belize training in Wales mid winter.

I didnt know that when I was a JNCO I could have ended a conversation with the CO by saying “ will that be all Sir”. I obviously wasnt assertive enough.

Last edited:
It was on in the background last night, I turned it off when the idiot winging and asking his mate how long it would take for his kit to dry having just carried out a river crossing.

Yep, it'll dry out in two ticks in the jungle. :)

Though I lapped them up as a kid, I found that service as a squaddie renders most war movies/series boring to unwatchable.
My sons never understood my attitude until they served.
Some of the first person shooter games however, have a really uncanny resemblance to the kind of Gopro footage we are seeing from real conflicts such as Syria, and most of all PKK vs Turks.

The first series was OK, the second series went down the soap opera route and had little to do with the army, more about who the SF boyfriend was shagging and ex fiances.

Bring back the original lass* who was much more believable and get the storyline back into camp.

The first series was about a young lass from a poor slightly dysfunctional family who struggled a bit at the start of army life but settled in. It would have been better if her story had continued showing progress in her career rather than going to the glam of series two!

*Lacy Turner
View attachment 298273
Turner did her training with an intake at Pirbright, Keegan did her training at Sandhurst, Nuff Said !:wink: