New Barracks...

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Lancialfa, Nov 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im sure those in Oxfordshire, know this already.. plus its plastered across buses all over Oxfordshire..... but for those who may be interested, heres the link:

A big shift so ive heard!
  2. There is a similar size redevelopment taking place in Worcester where they're moving the Royal Signals in with the Artillery.
  3. msr

msr LE

And when you put your mouse over the coloured box, the link changes colour in the text!
  4. Magical.
  5. Same thing happening in Sheffield with 3 units (oddly Sigs, Inf and RAMC) moving into one new location.
  6. msr

msr LE

Mmm and I wonder where the money released from the sale of the other two sites is going...
  7. To fund excellent overseas training and to equip the RAMC with the latest military healthcare equipment, the Signals with BOWMAN, and the Infantry with LMG and UGL.

My medication? Why thankyou.
  8. The TA Centre in Worcester is actually being funded by Asda, since the existing TAC sits in the middle of where they want to build their spangly new car park. So part of the deal for getting that ground was that they pay for the conversion of the old Worcestershire Sauce factory into a new "state of the art" TAC.
  9. We've been told the same thing but change Asda for Tescos.
  10. Have they actually started building the one opposite Hillsborough yet?!

I shall check on the current status with the Adjt on Monday but I'm sure I heard something about it not too long ago and it didn't sound too promising.. You watch, all units in Sheffield will end up in Somme sharing. :|
  11. I fecking hope not!!

I've no idea to be honest mate, I've heard the same as you though that its going to be in Hillsborough.
  12. You know, we were moving into a new purpose built TAC in 2 years time in 2005...........Given the currrent clusterfudge I doubt anything will happen for another 2 years. Unless ground already has been broken.
  13. For those of you that are also being moved to another TAC, is there much of a move? The move from my current TAC to the proposed one at Worcester will mean that we're being displaced by 30 miles. I'm just curious whether any other units are in a similar position.
  14. As far as I know, no. The units that are making up this super location are all in or around Sheffield, we'll all be moving to the center(ish) if, as Kitmarlowe has mentioned it ever happens.
  15. And bloody hell 30 miles?!

Won't be much good for those that use public transport then.