• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

New Band Aid Song

Do they know its Christmas 04 better than 84?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definately Not

• No Fcukin Way

• This must be the most Bone Poll on arrse......get a life DDDD

• Total voters
Worst thing since Macca and Wacko Jacko got together :twisted:

Band Aid Remake Banned From Radio Station

"A remake of the Band Aid song "Do they know it's Christmas?" has not been
well received when aired on a Welsh radio station. After playing it once,
the Pembrokeshire Radio banned it from the airwaves - permanently.

DJ Keri Jones said she was "amazed at the response from our listeners", who
in general described the song as rubbish. It was then decided that the song
would never be aired again. The new version included artists like Robbie
Williams, Bono and Dido."

Bloody Hell, the Welsh have taste.......who'da thunk it? :wink:

It's absolute shight - they should just have re-released the original.

E

error_unknown

As the majority of aid recipients targetted by this abortion are Muslims, a better title for it might be: 'Do they give a feck it's Christmas?' :D

it is absolutely shite, what were they thinking of? if it goes to No 1 itll be because people want to give cash to the charity rather than people thinking that the songs any good.
whats with all that bloody rapping??

chickenpunk said:
As the majority of aid recipients targetted by this abortion are Muslims, a better title for it might be: 'Do they give a feck it's Christmas?' :D
What is the point in helping muslims overseas, if we save a million, thats just another million who hate the west and all non muslims. Muslims want to overthrow the Gov't in every country they live in and replace it with an Islamic dictatorship then you have to convert to Islam or die.

I don't and will never give one penny to any charity that spends any of it's money on muslims.

If you buy this shite it is the same IMO as buying ammunition to use against our lads in iraq, every penny that goes to muslims in aid means the muslims can buy more wpns and ammo instead of using it to buy food etc.

armourer said:
If you buy this shite it is the same IMO as buying ammunition to use against our lads in iraq, every penny that goes to muslims in aid means the muslims can buy more wpns and ammo
possibly not true, but its a great reason for not buying the bloody thing.

Filbert Fox said:
armourer said:
If you buy this shite it is the same IMO as buying ammunition to use against our lads in iraq, every penny that goes to muslims in aid means the muslims can buy more wpns and ammo
possibly not true, but its a great reason for not buying the bloody thing.
But enough of a chance for me not to give anything to any charity that gives anything to muslims.

I guess Bob Geldof decided that the slush funds of his tinpot African dicator friends whom he helped so much last time around were getting low & they needed a direct cash injection. Hence re-hashing it.

I, for one, would prefer that said african tinpot dictators receive a direct lead injection...

Stoatman, that's not really fair and you know it. Those in dire straits arenot the ones suffering - however, if we bail them out it might (just might) be their turn to crack the whip next time.

Having said that, in 1984 the famine in Ethiopia affected 20 million people. Thanks to massive intervention, many more survived than would have had nature taken its course so that they were able to breed like rabbits and now there are 40 million facing starvation.

It's a hard cruel world, but it looks as if Malthus had a point......I don't call the present situation progress.

Firehorse said:
Stoatman, that's not really fair and you know it. Those in dire straits arenot the ones suffering - however, if we bail them out it might (just might) be their turn to crack the whip next time.

Having said that, in 1984 the famine in Ethiopia affected 20 million people. Thanks to massive intervention, many more survived than would have had nature taken its course so that they were able to breed like rabbits and now there are 40 million facing starvation.

It's a hard cruel world, but it looks as if Malthus had a point......I don't call the present situation progress.
Whilst I appreciate that enough of the aid went to the right people to prevent total starvation, it also propped up the regime. The point of my post was to highlight that a large amount of aid goes into supporting tinpot dictators (e.g. Mugabe freely and benevolently distributing food to his supporters so that they think that the sun shines and food & money flow freely from his bung hole whilst starving his opponents), and not to where it's supposed to be going.

Here's something related to the 1984 famine: interesting to note is that 90% of aid was channelled through the regime :roll: :
http://www.nationaudio.com/News/EastAfrican/19112000/Regional/Regional19.html

Also worth a read:
http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/006940.html

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Firehorse said:
Stoatman, that's not really fair and you know it. Those in dire straits arenot the ones suffering
No, they're rich buggers now !

By the way, Mark Knopfler has been in talks with Chris Rea about starting a supergroup.
I hope to phuq they call it Chris Straits...... 8O

My thought was how much the music scene has changed so much since 84. Carp on at will about 'the good aul days' but at least in them days they were musicians, that,y'know PLAYED FROM THE F*CKING HEART. :x

Christ, this current crop are just performing gimps. They probably flew Bono over cos he was the only one who could tune a guitar.

84-Only three girls in it (NB NOT including Marilyn nor Boy George. Ok, worth half each so three)

04 Wall to wall chicks, including Dido (why?) And all the 'blokes' are middle class mumsy boys (How hard do Coldplay look? Exactly) Thats why there are so many 'nostalgia' clubs/stations/compilations out there, cos music today is chick-drenched, non-threatening rubbish :cry:

And p*ss off, Geldof. You were rubbish then, and you are a rubbish little show-pony now. Wind yer neck in.

Billy Ruffian said:
And p*ss off, Geldof. You were rubbish then, and you are a rubbish little show-pony now. Wind yer neck in.
He is, however, intelligent and articulate and changed the perception of a generation.

I recall a speaker coming to my school just before the news of the Ethiopia famine made its way into The Sun. The speaker was explaining that she worked in a school for the deaf in Ethiopia which was a struggle as "it did not possess a single electronic hearing aid".

Gasps of horror were heard in the hall - the complacent, insular middle class young Britons were unaware that such poverty existed. Geldof destroyed a lot of that ignorance.

Latest Threads