new bags

TA are getting them. Hand in your sausage bag to the SQMS and tell him/her you want it exchanged.

They'll gladly issue you one at RTMC Chillwell when you next go on ops :)

^and a nice black matching daysack to go with it....

Op Travel Bag NSN: 8465 99 421 5710

Find a new recruit(hard I Know) who has just been issued his/her kit & explain to them that the Sausage bag is Ally & the sign of an old sweat, plus the fact they will get another when they go to Chillwell.

Some how , that just doesn't surprise me, they're so '60s & not much use.
Unless you did the mod witha 'koff big zip down the middle, I've still got mine from19**s, went diffy the suitcase & got a green holdall.

i've seen lots of people try and fail at getting the new bag. i think i only used my sausage bag once - the day it was issued to me.

the design of the said op travel/ deployment bag is good, but unfortunatly the materials used in the construction lack durability.
a mate had a zip break on his & on mine, one of the ladder-lock buckles on the shoulder straps snaped, this is within 15 mins of us getting issued them.
'down to a price, not up to a quality' strikes again.

they are ok for free, but if you are buying & not issued, then check out the highlander black hold-all range at soldier of fortune mate.
their 65 ltr & 100 ltr holdalls have rucksack straps & cost around 30-40 quid, about the same as buying the issue holdall new & they are more robust.

misterp said:
i've seen lots of people try and fail at getting the new bag. i think i only used my sausage bag once - the day it was issued to me.
Sausage bag..........used as a laundry bag in basic & that was about it

Acme laundry bag (Sausage bag rolled down half its length to give it stability, then insert a black bin liner for hygiene reasons!!) 8O

Sausage bag not much use. Green zip up great as a tool bag. Old style suitcase great when doubled up as a seat on train. Still waiting to get my sticky paws on new bag.

Whilst the new black bags are fairly decent, I've managed to go through two of them in a 6 month period. Built to a price standard, not a quality one.